Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam in all guises

I bought back just a MG Exia from Japan and recently completed it. It's my first attempt at a kit and i gotta say, i think they're great value for money (in Japan anyway!). Heaps of time to build and apply decals (no painting for me) - still deciding whether to panel-line (scared i'll bork it since it's my first attempt!) But building it, i found it's just a great way to relax after a long day. To Goktimus, i don't particularly think this model kit is unplayable in any sense; perhaps more recent kits hold together better than they used to?

I really want a PG kit but the boxes are just so big to ship, and i can't bring myself to pay the markup in Australia IMO the PG 00 doesn't look that hot, some of the proportions are off - actually all the things that Ngee Khiong said in his blog hold true for me too I'd rather get the PG Astray Red Frame, also since 00 is so similar looking to Exia.

MG wise that new Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise looks to be awesome.

BUT my most awaited G-thing at the moment is Super HCM Pro Unicorn Gundam - despite some parts swapping I think they've done a fantastic job for the size. SHCM are pricey, but worth every penny i reckon.

I don't paint or line my kits neither. I'm in it for the build mostly and these recent OO kits have been ridiculously good and detailed especially the HG 1/144 ones. Heck even the Fighting Action Grade kits are unbelievably good for the size.

I have the original Astray Blue Frame and the 2nd Revise looks to blow the original away. Can't wait to get my hands on that kit.

As for PG OO. The blog link doesn't work kurdt. I'm still wanting one the altered proportions doesn't really bother me much since I'm in it for the build.

EDIT: Link is working now. Must be works browser not letting me earlier.
    Last edited by Stompy; 23rd October 2009 at 09:55 PM.

has anyone got a link to some MG styled hands i can buy?
    i want to add propper hands to my 00 raiser without buying a whole mg kit :P

Although these arent actually gundams, I thought I'd post this here because they are pretty similar to the bandai sets you all know and love.

Has any one built or bought any of the armored core model kits? I used to LOVE the games on PS one, and although i havent played the newest ones, i loved the customization of the mech you would build, hence im wondering if anyone has any of the kits?
    ~

Ok. Forgone a few recent TF stuff recently (Buster Prime, Alternity Bb, Device Range) for this baby:

Not sure when I'll find the time but this is my first ever Perfect Grade. Never liked any of the previous choices and couldn't justify the price but the 00 Raiser is my favorite Gundam design along with Exia. So this is my acquisition of the year.

must find where stompy lives and steal PG00 :P

Gratz man, hopefully in a year or two i can get my hands on one though my usual routes XD

getting the PG MK II Next week

Do any of you guys have any good suggestions of what to use as a substitute gundam marker? there is only one hobby store around me that stocks them and they never have them in, ive read on different forums about using fine tip pens, however some people say t heir great while others say they are horrible.
    ~

i once saw a tutorial video where they used paint and lighter fluid to panel line.
    i just bought my markers online, theyre a few bucks on ebay these days

Panel lining is so difficult to make it look right. Personally I hate them. Makes them look terrible for my tastes. The lines have to be pretty much hairline for me to like.

You can try the regular felt tip pens you can get at stationary sections and see how it goes and whether they stay on or rub off. Although I'm not sure on the thickness of the points available.

I've gone gunpla crazy the past 6 months. Still haven't built that PG 00 Raiser but building that this weekend. Have bought heaps of MG's and the majority of the NG 1/100 00 gunplas. My friends have finally got bit with the bug and we recently did a group order that arrived a couple of days ago:

Half of it is mine though.

I love applying decals but that MG Unicorn was ridiculous. about 300 decals most of them clear decals that required trimming as they are to be positioned on edges and corners. Took 12 hours all up just for decals!

hmm
    mg unicorn is my next challange
    is that a PG skygrasper i see?
    i still have one of those under the bed that needs building, along with its strike counterpart :P