Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam in all guises

MG Unicorn is a beautiful mech and a great kit. Very little articulation though and fragile in Destroy mode. The build is fantastic.

The PG Skygrasper ain't mine. My best buds for his PG Strike.

As for markers, most won't export out due to them being chemicals. There's a reliable and popular site: ishop2go but I haven't ordered from these guys but they do have a range of Gundam Markers with no export exclusion warnings (but they may have it once you get to actual ordering):

http://www.ishop2go.com/catalogUR_001__en.html

Good luck!

I might give the felt tips a go, thanks for the advice. I havent built a gundam in a long time, i focused my time on some armored core kits, and as much as i love those, they are very draining and very tiresome which is why im thinking of picking up a basic gundam to have a play with
    ~

So after 22 hours of building Perfect Grade 00 Raiser is done! Well almost, I just have to put on the decals. Behold:

The torso is an amazing build with about 100-200 peices all layered over each other around a GN circular frame. They can easily make an Exia out of the frame. The clutch is wonderfully simple that makes it lock in place. Articulation is great although the ankle articulation is very limited which was really dissapointing.

next weeks project

PG RX-178 MK II
    should be good fun actually

once ive done this im installing some shelving for my gundams

gundams are fn awesome....awesome for hacking up and using them for parts in my custom TFs that is... muhuhahaha.....

just kidding...

hey stompy, that PG 00 raiser is sexy as... especially love the articluated fingers.
    you said you arent a big fan of panel lining but are you gonna top coat it with clear flat or just leave it like that?

I'm a lazy builder bruticus. I'm in it for the build and I'm more than satisfied with the finished product as is. So I don't do any post-build painting or whatnot. Just the decals and transfers.

And yes PG 00 is awesome. The clutches on the main joints hold well and the rubber grip parts on the soles of the feet really help stbilize some poses that might tip non reubber soled mechs over. The fully articulated fingers are great. My mate built PG Strike and that has perhaps the most amazing legs I've seen in a gunpla ever.

blackie: have fun. I'm personally more inclined towards the Titans version though.

My next project from my huge pile of unbuilt gunpla will be MG GNX, MG Turn A and MG ZZ.

here is most of my collection
    apart from the 10 or so kits still under my bed.....

Well I've managed to make PG Strike Freedom sans the awesome backpack (the day ran out). The build was ok. Nothing too special compared to PG 00 Raiser and is a lot more like a large MG. One pic for now:

Phone pic only hence the awful quality and poor lighting. Better pics when its fully done with stickers.

i have massive envy man
    i want one so bad, just cant justify the price

Sorry blackie, but here's the completed kit (sans decals... soon):

Awesome head build and final product. Zero decals and lights in the head for the eyes and jewels.

The wings were repetetive to build but it's pretty awesome but it has its flaws, it tends to automatically splay out due to the spring release being a little too loose. The wing fold out technology is idential to the MG with a few flourishes here and there.

The size of the mech is actually bigger than PG 00 Raiser as seen below. So the same pricepoint is justified. Overall though it does feel like just a giant MG with no real new technology or engineering to make it as special as the 00 Raiser (with it's GN Drives, clutch joint system and the amazing circular frame build). But it's sheer size and flashy looks makes up for it. It makes a presence in anyones collection. I just wished that all exposed gold parts were all chrome gold and not the gold plastic.