Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Universe/Classics 2.0

Classics:
    Definitely Cyclonus. While his alt mode may be a bit iffy at the rear, his robot mode more than makes up for it. I love messing about with this guy and although his arms are a little limited in motion, he can get into some really imposing poses. I think the darker colour scheme also helps with this.

Henkei:
    My favorite would definitely have to be Megatron. I love the colours, it has good use of the chrome and the transformation is just the right level of complexity for me.

Only have henkei Cyclonus and am waiting until my home situation is more settled to open him...

Tough call on my favourite Classics/Universe release though, I'm torn between Cyclonus 'cos ol' bunny ears finally has a decent robot mode and Mirage (who I don't actually have yet but loved while playing with my nephew's).

Between Cyclonus and Mirage I prefer Mirage primarily because Cyclonus' vehicular mode is somewhat disappointing at the aft, whereas Mirage's alt mode is solid.

I think I'd have to go with Henkei Hound and Smokescreen, they were two of my G1 favourtes I never had as a kid. And the Henkei treatment on these two is just perfect they look just like thier G1 Counterparts.

Not sure who my favourte Universe toy is, I'm rather partial to Rodimus though.

All-time Classics: Skyfire. Hands down. Unbeatable. Never will be beaten. And if it is, I won't be complaining b/c it'd have to be one hell of a fine toy.

Classics 2.0: Sideswipe. I don't think a single Classics 2.0 can beat a Henkei, the Henkei almost always edging ahead in my opinion. Sideswipe's the exception b/c he's got no chrome spoilers unlike the silly Takara one. I would've been happier if they'd given him two guns, one chromed the other in the black and white missile colours. On top of the paint issues, the mold has to be one of last year's best.

Henkei: So many to choose from but C-01: Prime has to be the pick. That or the Crystal Convoy version, it doesn't matter. To me, those figures just exude love for a mold that I originally liked but wasn't that impressed by. To me, it's the high point of what a good paint job can do for a toy and just make that much more appealing.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I think my favourite would be Sunstreaker. Great in both modes, head-reveal gimmick works without constraining the toy, and he's really, really poseble. I'd like to get my hands on Classics Mirage one day, since I've heard he's a great toy as well (and yes, I do know about the Special Edition Dragstrip repaint, but I like blue more than yellow).

Closely following him are Cyclonus and Dinobot. Cyclonus's alt mode is alright, but his robot mode amazes me because there is no indication that it transforms at all, so well is the kibble hidden/integrated. Also, Nightstick is fun. I'd likely not be putting Dinobot in so high if it weren't for my fondness for the character and dinosaur Transformers. His colours drag him down a bit (which is why I'm going to try for the Henkei version eventually), and his orange sword-missile and lack of spinning tail-shield aren't exactly to my liking.

My least favourite would be Cheetor. This is because of his eye-colour gimmick, which works fine but gives his bot mode a giant wad of cheetah hanging off his back. It's not even decorative kibble, like Prowl's door-wings.

Classics 2.0: Mirage + Hound easily. Love the molds, the vehicle modes, and mirage gets extra points because he came in a swanky drag Strip re-paint

All in all though its hard to think a universe fig I don't like... besides cheetor and Dinobot

Definately Henkei Cyclonus. A faithful reproduction of the G1 toy with all the toy making know-how of the 21st century.

Prowl! I just love the transformation to car and robo mode. He is the reason why im into Henkei toys hehe

Interesting thread...

If we're including the original Classics line, then I'd have to say Skyfire is tops by quite a margin. Fabulous, original, imaginative, comic accurate, fun, great quality. All the stuff we could ever wish from a TF. The only thing that matches this in my humble experience thus far is ROTF Leader Prime, who owns the Movie line like Tiger owns golf

Once, again, if including original Classics, I'd have to put Starscream second. Quite possibly the most accurate incarnation ever - and that's counting the Masterpiece. And sooo nicely done.

If it's just considering Classics 2.0... then boy it's a tough choice. For me, Sideswipe probably edges out tops (but I'm biased ). Cyclonus and Hound are fantastic candidates in their own right.
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!