Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Animated being rebranded in 2010?

Talking What would Animated Unicron look like I wonder?

I was thinking more about the notable features of post-Movie '86, i.e. set on Cybertron/in space more than Earth, Rodimus as Autobot Leader, futuristic altmodes, maybe a new Decepticon leader.

Animated Cyclonus has an interesting Wiki entry, I seem to recall Derrick Wyatt mentioning it's 'almost as if he knows the future' in one of his interviews.

That said, a cynic only ever gets nice surprises, and taking things with a grain of salt usually helps avoid disappointment down the track.

Quote Originally Posted by NoenGaruth
    Excellent to know more TFA figures will be coming
    I never said 'will be coming' - I only said what current plans are, with the disclaimer that they might change. Please realise that this info is six months before the fact, a lot can change in six months (remember the G2 Stunticons were tooled and even had a full test run produced before being scrapped). That said, right now this is good info.

Don't think I mentioned Hasbro did I?

I don't remember mentioning 'Fight Super Robot Life Form: two-oh-one-oh' either.

I don't want you thinking I can guarantee anything I've said, (I only know what my source(s) have let me know)...

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    No source has been named so I'm taking it all with a grain of salt.
    Wise choice, but add two grains of brown sugar, it'll make the salt more palatable.

I do have very good source(s), but I'm not naming 'it'(them) 'coz I'm onto a good thing here.

• They've been accurate to me 85% of the time
      (45% of that I'm sworn to secrecy, and I keep my word so I have no proof that I knew before the fact)
      (30% of that I don't think the news is very interesting so don't let other know about it)
      (leaving only 10% I can prove - I let several people (Tetsuwan, Mangis (no longer a board member) and I think Griffin for the first 2) know about MP Convoy+Trailer, Starscream, Megatron, Starscream (USAed.), Thundercracker, Skywarp, Grimlock, I even alluded to ML Soundwave well before they were unveiled to the public);
    • 10% they've let me know about plan changes just before the toys go public (giving me no time to update others without sounding like I'm giving out second hand info);
    • 5%... well my source(s) have to have some plausible deniability (must admit they didn't update me to the fact that they'd cancelled MP Roller - the unpainted prototype looked so good too; and USAed, TC & SW could easily be written off as good guesses; and I was led to believe ML Soundwave was going to be MP scaled ).

I really do enjoy reading all the guesses...
    Last edited by Ark-Ivor; 29th May 2009 at 12:27 PM.
    'The Spark's Willing, but the Metal's Fatigued'
    Ghost of Starscream

Forget about the Animated hints, let us in on the next Masterpiece

I know how you feel Ark-Ivor as I've been in similar situations. I knew about Ravage appearing in Beast Wars about a year before The Agenda came out, but of course, I couldn't tell anyone about it. Just privately smirk when reading about people's guesses about which G1 character should/would appear in the show.

Activator:
    Fireblast Grimlock (repaint - shown at Botcon)

Deluxe:
    Freeway Jazz (repaint - shown at Botcon)

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Deluxe:
    Freeway Jazz (repaint - shown at Botcon)
    I knew it this time he would wear the autobot badge instead of the eliteguard symbol.
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

UPDATED WITH BOTCON ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

Activators
    Soundwave (new - Botcon shown)
    Fireblast Grimlock (repaint - Botcon shown)

Deluxe
    Soundblaster (remold - Botcon confirmed)
    Freeway Jazz (repaint - Botcon shown)
    Arcee (new - Botcon confirmed)
    Rodimus (new - Botcon announced!)
    Fugitive Wasp! (recolor - Botcon announced)
    Cybertron Mode Ratchet (new - unofficial pics seen, Botcon confirmed, class unconfirmed)
    Cybertron Mode Ironhide (remold - unofficial pics seen, Botcon confirmed, class unconfirmed)

Voyager
    Hydro BB (New - Botcon confirmed)
    Goldfire Grimlock (recolor - Botcon confirmed)
    Blackout (new - Botcon confirmed)
    Wingblade Optimus Prime (remold - Botcon confirmed)
    Thundercracker (repaint - Botcon announced)

Ultimate
    Omega Supreme!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (new - hope)
    Omega Lugnut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (remold - hope)
    Last edited by jaydisc; 31st May 2009 at 10:25 AM.

Thank you Hasbro!!!!!!

Good to hear, I'm glad that they are going to continue with the animated packaging and not roll them over into another line. I'm pretty sure that they said most of them will be offered up as store exclusives so fingers crossed that we get them over here

Sadly, Wasp is a straight repaint, no remolded head.