Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Classic Lego Space collection

Thanks for the comments guys - in answer to various questions, at the moment the only ones on display are the Space Police I sets, the rest have been broken down and packed away. I usually go through various phases and display one theme at a time depending on what tickles my fancy. With SP3 coming out I thought I'd display the SP1 sets until they arrive. I'd say about 95% of these sets have been acquired in the last 12 months. Space has always been my favourite theme with Lego so I'm eagerly awaiting SP3. Although I'd wish that Lego went back to creating themes that all crossover with each other like how the Blacktrons were going up against the Futurons, SP, M:Trons and Ice Planet, Spyrius was stealing tech from the Unitrons and the Exploriens were up against the UFOs and Insectoids. The themes now all seem to be going at it alone. Mars Mission seems to be taking place in another reality to SP3 for example. But regardless, as long as its space, I'm happy.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

here is most of my space lego, awesome collection btw

Hey Fungal, sweet collection you got there! You ever get into Classic Space at all? They had some nice sets too.

Not really a big fan of the old skool helmet space sets. I do have a few but they are carry-overs from my early days of playing with Lego. I prefer the modern helmet sets much more. The themes are more consistent in the modern helmet sets whereas the older sets just seemed to be a mash up. You had sets which had a grey/yellow screens theme, then they changed to white/blue then blue/yellow, then grey/green and so on, just no consistency. Hence my like of the modern classic space sets.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Hi Fungal - yeh from a collector's perspective the colour schemes of the classic space sets are a bit messy, but I think some collectors stick to the blue and yellow scheme and re-invent the style such as seen in http://neoclassicspace.com

However as a collector who probably wants to get all the sets once he starts collecting a theme I understand your angle.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Very cool. I remember some of that from my childhood. awesome.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I always wanted those space sets when i was a kid but never got any i just drool at those pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I acheived a mini-milestone lately in that I've finished collecting all the "modern helmet" classic space sets that were released. The only ones I don't have are 3 US-exclusive Unitron sets and the Futuron monorail set but these are low on my must-get list. And to celebrate, I thought I'd display them all by theme and take a few pics. To begin:

Futuron (forgot to add Cosmic Laser Launcher )

Blacktron I

Space Police I

M:Tron

Blacktron II

Space Police II

Spyrius

Ice Planet 2002

Exploriens

UFO

Insectoids

Roboforce

I am still on the hunt for the Unitron sets and the Futuron monorail so if anyone wants to part with any of them sets, gimme a holler.
    Very creative but isn't lego a bit childish for older men?

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Very creative but isn't lego a bit childish for older men?

Not so much as Transformers.