Thread: Jetfire's Insignia (movie spoilers)

Post Jetfire's Insignia (movie spoilers)

Hey all.. why is Jetfire being marketed as a decepticon?

He has decepticon insignias plastered over him, yet he combines with Optibitch Prime.. hmm anyone else confused or is this just some silly ploy of confusing everyone with the 'animated constructicon syndrome'.."Oh I don't have an insignia so I'm up for grabs"

..or in this case "I have a Decepticon Insignia..oh but thats just to fool the decepticons into thinking I'm one of them. Besides, I just have to flash it and I can get into all the good 'con parties". Autobots are supposed to be transparent, have pathetic alt modes and be the default winners in every battle. God they suck. Annnnnnnnnnnnd that's why I am a Con fan! Support the underdogs dammit!!

enuf rant. Now just reply

no...he was a decepticon, but due to his old age, wounds, and his view on the war, he switched sides... I suppose this would be a spoiler...so look away now if you dont wanna hear any more.
    Shortly after he decides to escape the war on cybertron, he takes the form of the blackbird...and stays dormant in an aircraft museam until SPOILER SPOILER Sam and Mikaela, and WHeelie awaken him with the allspark shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide63 View Post
    no...he was a decepticon, but due to his old age, wounds, and his view on the war, he switched sides... I suppose this would be a spoiler...so look away now if you dont wanna hear any more.
    Shortly after he decides to escape the war on cybertron, he takes the form of the blackbird...and stays dormant in an aircraft museam until SPOILER SPOILER Sam and Mikaela, and WHeelie awaken him with the allspark shard.
    Sweet! But switching sides..urrrgh. Lame. lol. LOVE the idea of being awakened (hmmm although a little 'Night at the Museum-ish' ). Allspark shards..I still don't get it exactly. I experienced the same thing with sari's stupid all-fixing key. It reminds me of Spiderman 1.. organic webs sucked.

Ironhide63: it would be useful if you left some spoiler space between your warning and the actual spoiler -- fortunately I was able to avert my eyes in time, but it was close!

Remember that Jetfire started off as a Decepticon in G1 (both in the comics and cartoon), so having him as a Decepticon who defects to the Autobots is a correct homage to his G1 counterpart. Not so much the Jasper thing though. In the G1 cartoon Skyfire was Starscream's peer, so he's about the same "age" but in the G1 comics Jetfire was one of the younger Autobots, being the first Autobot who was created on Earth, not Cybertron.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ironhide63: it would be useful if you left some spoiler space between your warning and the actual spoiler -- fortunately I was able to avert my eyes in time, but it was close!
    sorry...same thing happened to me so I pretty much know the entire movie...a whole 2 years of waiting...seriously, PEOPLE OF THE...er, internet. DO WHAT MUST BE DONE. put space between your 'spoiler alert' and the spoiler. Thank Primus you could avert your optics...as I could not...the images have been burned into my optics, hardwired into my hard drive.