Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Insurance & Securing toys - tips, questions and options (browse whole topic)

Not the right state for you, but I thought of interest to others here.

I got an ad on Instagram recently for RACV to sell their contents insurance using a Star Wars collector and his collection as an example

https://www.racv.com.au/royalauto/li...ollection.html

When we got flooded in 2019, a person came around and we showed them everything that was damaged and they ticked everything off for a claim, realistically we could have gone a bit harder on damaged items but it was all such a shock at the time and we just wanted to get back to normal as soon as possible. Once damaged items were assessed as damaged it was up to us to find an equivalent or reasonably equivalent item for sale elsewhere, it was also our responsibility for the the removal of the damaged items, some, once dried out were fine but we had already had our claim approved before that. This system of loss assessment was a bit of a surprise because it would have been very easy for us to rort the system with frivolous claims. This part of our loss was a cash payment. We are with Suncorp. Going by how it all went our contents insurance includes (value-wise) my collection so I guess if we lost all of our contents say through fire where it was all unidentifiable it would just be a payout for our contents cover.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I should say too late..... Not flooding, however water is flowing through my garage which is soaking all my storage boxes while we put together our display room... as an MISB collector I'm dreading what I will find when I can get in there

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I should say too late..... Not flooding, however water is flowing through my garage which is soaking all my storage boxes while we put together our display room... as an MISB collector I'm dreading what I will find when I can get in there
    Ouch

Sorry to hear Kelpie. Plastic storage, or cardboard?

I'm wincing as I write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Ouch

Sorry to hear Kelpie. Plastic storage, or cardboard?

I'm wincing as I write this.
    A bit of plastic, however mostly cardboard

I was so close to moving everything out too.

F*@K!!! All the best with your recovery. Shit situation for so many people right now.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Ouch, dude. During the last big wet I had flooding in my basement which is where I keep my TF boxes (not toys though) and some of them did get water damaged, including my G1 Jetfire box. The boxes were all empty, but it still sucks. I had to chuck out some of the really badly damaged (and mouldy) ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    F*@K!!! All the best with your recovery. Shit situation for so many people right now.
    Yeah thanks. That's the thing isn't it, I want to complain but with so many in far worse situations I've just gotta roll with the punches.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ouch, dude. During the last big wet I had flooding in my basement which is where I keep my TF boxes (not toys though) and some of them did get water damaged, including my G1 Jetfire box. The boxes were all empty, but it still sucks. I had to chuck out some of the really badly damaged (and mouldy) ones too.
    I've been storing stuff in this garage over 15 years. There's some real gems in there. Like I said, so close to the new house being built (with the display room I've been waiting all this time for). I'm sure I'll come across some heart breakers when unpacking.