Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Insurance & Securing toys - tips, questions and options (browse whole topic)

Default Transformers insurance?

Has anyone gone through the process of insuring their Transformers/Lego collection? Can it even be done?

I don't have a massive collection like others I've seen posted here but do have some valuable pieces. My sister reckons it'd be a good idea but not really sure where to start.

Oh awesome, thanks so much. I figured someone would've posted before but had no idea where to look.

Having gone through a major insurance claim last year I have some idea here, the Insurance company pretty much just rolled with what I gave as an example of replacement value, so in the case of a G1 collection if you have some up to date photos of what you lost and use e-bay sold pricing as a market value guide they would most likely go with that. I was really surprised how they didn't question my comparable items for a new bunk bed, picture frames, computer desk etc, I put in a fair bit of time and effort with the details I used, pictures, various stores and comparing old to new etc.
    My insurance for contents is set up so that if the entire house burnt to the ground then that would cover everything inside it. Some companies want separate bits in the policy for jewelry or collections, and yes I may be in a spot of bother if my collection were stolen, but I am comfortable in knowing my house is extremely secure, the room the collection is in is one of the most cyclone resistant in the house and I know with a total loss claim the amount covered is right.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

^Well now you have to tell us who your insurer is.

Suncorp, they have been great for the two claims that we have made in the 11 years we have had our house insurance. Reasonably priced considering we live in a cyclone area; and after the widespread flooding from last year and the two claims in that time the premium only went up by 13%. I think that is a fair and reasonable price increase all things considered.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Default Collectibles insurance

Hey all,

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but couldn't seen anything in the search results.

Anyone have collectibles insurance? I am thinking about it more not just for Transformers but other things like comics (slabbed and raw).
    If anyone does, any recommendations and is it worth it?

A very old topic, so I'm not sure how current it's contents still is...
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/4421

Thanks Griffin, yeah it was a while back but I'll go through and I'm sure this will be a good starting point on which insurers to make inquiries and what I need to do.
    Cheers!