Thread: G1 style soundwave

Default G1 style soundwave

Never had one as a kid, would love to get one; kinda confused at which one to get though, with the re-releases/repaints/etc out there.

What should I look out for? Heard one's actually a repaint of blaster, another only has space for 1 cassette and not 2 (?); what's the best soundwave to go for?

um...im also looking for sorta the same thig, id like to ask which is the one that fits the universe cassettes in it...by that i mean the Ravage that comes with Hound. how much does it cost and where can I get it.

there is an abundance of generation 1 soundwave reissues of late

There are

Encore
    Classics
    Takara Book Style Reissues
    the upcoming SDCC reissue

all will fit the tapes, and come with atleat one tape each (the sdcc one comes with 4 )

As for avaliability, best chances are for encore or classics, because the takara book style one can go for 100aud at least (i paid 100aud for my soundblaster last week)

The SDCC reissue may hit retail here, but is unlikely, so your best options are either ebay, or online shops such as toy-wave.com or robotkingdom.com etal

how much will the SDCC cost...? id better start saving considering i need the ROTF toys, ROTF game and dvd and a couple of online purchases happening...

Looking at robot kingdom, they're asking for 59.90US for preordering it, not including postage.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Get encore and the encore tape sets. This will satisfy you the most as a missing "childhood" toy as it's the single tape version and most g1 accurate. And has g1 style packaging.

Get the SDCC version only if it comes here to retail.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

to answer your other query, Classics ravage ( packaged with Hound will fit in the 2 tape soundwave chest mold, NOT the 1 tape soundwave type - so this does not include encore and takara booktype. Classics Ravage is thicker than the average G1 tape which is why it dont fit right.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    to answer your other query, Classics ravage ( packaged with Hound will fit in the 2 tape soundwave chest mold, NOT the 1 tape soundwave type - so this does not include encore and takara booktype. Classics Ravage is thicker than the average G1 tape which is why it dont fit right.
    I completely disagree. He fits fine in my Encore Soundwave.