Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not Enough People Want A G1 Transformers Game

BW: Neo game is pretty decent for a game boy fighter.

The PC Beast Wars game (shooter) had a multi-player death match (PSX didn't), apparently it was ok for the time. The 1 player mode was crap.

The Beast Wars fighter on 64 & PSX was pretty crap, but at least had the real cast for the voices, unlike the shooter

Ive been trying to get a copy of the Japanese G1 Transformers for yonks without success: Ive heard it isnt the best game but it has a lot of G1 goodness in it.

Check out the details here:

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Transformers_(Atlus)

Im sure someone on here would have played it or has it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

I had the game, it is bloody horrible! The only redeeming factor is the huge playable character list.

kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick, transform, die. Cry.

Overall there have been more G1 games than any other.

2 on commodore 64, I think the names were just "Transformers" and "TF Battle for earth." One was a decent (for the time) platform game and the other a dodgy shooting into the screen one.

Mystery of Convoy on NES

Headmasters on Famidisc.

That G1 fighter on PS2.

I am curious to know how well it sold on the PS2. I think it made it to the "platinum" range (or whatever the Japanese equivalent is). It sure is a crapola game though. Like seriously bad. So bad that the only good thing is the TF License.

So it doesn't suprise me we don't have a recent release of a g1 game. The games market doesn't allow for experimentation or whims of fancy, so we usually see either the same old trash being dished out or good old franchises again and again and again. How many sequels have been announced at E3?

I really liked the Armada game. The only things I didn't like about it were its lack of multiplayer and lack of playable characters.

It looked pretty good (especially for a PS2 game) and handled like a big robot should....ok, maybe a little sluggish, but just a fraction
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Yeh, I aggree GP, The armada game was by far the best TF game we have had so far. I thought it was a little short and Hotshot was too disadvantaged later in the game.

Man, that Tidal Wave boss fight was the most awesome thing I had seen in videogames!

I love the Armada game. The only problem I have is how blatantly obvious the differences in characters are. Hot Shot is quick yet weak (esp in later levels) Optimus is strong but so sluggish making it a no brainer to play as Red Alert. I too would of liked a couple of more characters and multi-player. I also thought it was quite funny that Unicron was the easiest level in the whole game
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I played the Beast Wars game when it came out. It was crap, even for its time. The worse thing would have to be the irritatingly slow transformations... you'd cop damage (and at times get killed) from Energon exposure and/or enemy fire during mid transformation. The graphics were horrid too, even for its day. The only thing I really liked about it was the ability to toggle the spoken languages... like playing Optimus Primal in Italian; "Gorilla optimiza!" (despite the fact that the Italian name for the Optimus Primal toy was Blackjack - he was called "Gorilla" in the Italian mode of the game. Cheetor's French name was an improvement over his English one; Velocitor)

The downside to most of the TF games is the boring enemies you're mostly up against. Clones and whatnot. But I suppose you can't go killing off major characters nor get the artists to create hundreds of unique character models.

Quote Originally Posted by enforcer888 View Post
    The downside to most of the TF games is the boring enemies you're mostly up against. Clones and whatnot. But I suppose you can't go killing off major characters nor get the artists to create hundreds of unique character models.
    unless it the G1 ps2 game, then get used to killing Ironhide or Skywarp over and over.