Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not Enough People Want A G1 Transformers Game

i think a G1 based Transformers RPG would/could be the best game...someone has to do this...it would be awesome.

Personally, I always wanted to see a game based on a cross with WarWithin and IDW's release of transformers. I really fancy the idea of fighting on cybertron and as long as you mess with the timelines a bit you can easily put a clone based army to fight for both sides(Centerions, The Swarm, Omega Sentinals as mini bosses)

only problem with that is you don't get the real life alt modes you mode on an earth based game.

How hard can it be to make a decent game about giant transforming robots with laser guns dammit?!
    TF Tataki is painful just to watch, Armada was fun but too much exploration and not enough fighting (and even then it was too hard for casual fun IMO), the Movie game was sad aside from the interactive backgrounds (Barricade throwing a giant donut around town was delicious)...the closest thing I've ever found to a decent TF game was Robotech Battlecry on PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide63
    i think a G1 based Transformers RPG would/could be the best game...someone has to do this...it would be awesome.
    5 years ago a group of us in Sydney played a G1 TF RPG campaign based on the BESM system. I've heard others use Mekton Zeta but I personally haven't played it.

I recently started making one based on the Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast 'universal D20' system (compatible with games like Dungeons & Dragons and Star Wars Miniatures, which runs of the base/core rules of the RPGs). Click here.

"I'm..." <rolls 2D20> "...pleased to meet you!" - Gary Gygax (The Simpsons)

Hey I've heard of that before

Years ago on a d&d forum one guy in Brisbane was asking for help to try and create a transformers rpg.

He said he had completed it but couldn't get any real transformer collectors to play it for some reason, I would say he lived near Brisbane because he said he could get D&D players to play it but not transformer fans.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by counter_punch View Post
    Hey I've heard of that before

Years ago on a d&d forum one guy in Brisbane was asking for help to try and create a transformers rpg.

He said he had completed it but couldn't get any real transformer collectors to play it for some reason, I would say he lived near Brisbane because he said he could get D&D players to play it but not transformer fans.

Weird.
    No thats perfectly understandable

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    How hard can it be to make a decent game about giant transforming robots with laser guns dammit?!
    TF Tataki is painful just to watch, Armada was fun but too much exploration and not enough fighting (and even then it was too hard for casual fun IMO), the Movie game was sad aside from the interactive backgrounds (Barricade throwing a giant donut around town was delicious)...the closest thing I've ever found to a decent TF game was Robotech Battlecry on PS2.
    Apparently quite hard...
    If you have access to a Jap PS2 this Macross game craps quite heavily all over that (IMO) lame Battlecry game. Really makes you feel like you are there and in the dog fights! Awesome game. Only came out in Japan though which is a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    No thats perfectly understandable
    ROFL! Well said!