Thread: Star Wars Exhibition - Where Science Meets Imagination

Default Star Wars Exhibition - Where Science Meets Imagination

This opened up at Scienceworks last week (previously at the Powerhouse in Sydney) has anyone been to see it?

I had the privilege of seeing it before it opened and took some snaps. great to see some of the original production models props and costumes.

BTW, if you plan on going - book in advance. it was sold out over the long weekend, the line to get in went right out into the carpark.

I saw the original at the Powerhouse several years ago, where Phantom Menace was the featured movie, lots of fantastic props there, overall it was pretty good, but nowhere near as good as the LotR one, that was a spectacular display/exhibition.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

yeah that was great. I saw that back at Te Papa in Wellington.

I just realised i put this thread in the wrong place...

I went to see this with Zed last year I think. Its pretty good with lots of props which you can inspect up close.

I saw it with the kids I babysit, and their parents, since they're all massive SW fans and we're all friends.

I thought it was really quite good. Seeing the props up close was cool. I really should see more of the SW movies-so far I've only seen 3, 4 and 6 (and Clone Wars, but that was less a movie and more several episodes stuck together).

Yeah we saw this late last year, it was much better than the previous Star Wars Magic and the Myth exhibit that one had hardly any original Star Wars props. This one has most of the main starships, If your like me you can spot parts of world war 2 tank kits used to create them.

lots of videos about how they made the original movie on a shoe-string budget and bought old junk of people to make all the props, and you can see how dodgy some of them look in real life without Movie magic. A far cry from the recent movies, though there was also new movie stuff worlds apart from the old props all custom made and shiny.

There was also a lot of educational areas, and interactive activities. Me and Kup tried to make the transport infastructure of the future with flying cars, but we didn't impose safety laws so everyone died. (This will make no sense until you go).

it was big to, we almost missed half of it, because it was set up on two levels.

Overall I gave it a big thumbs up, unlike the previous Star Wars exhibit this one was pretty much on par with the LOTR one and worth the price of entry.

Going to see it within the next two weeks.