Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optimus and Bumblebee at NSW TRU.

There is about 40 odd of them, all here

Sorry bout the ones that were sideways, couldn't be bothered flipping them haha

would any1 know why the pics appear broken and i cant see them in this thread?

Piccies from Parramatta TRU this morning

kup and I with Bumblebee and Optimus Prime (evidently Micromasters )

Optimus Prime

Bumblebee and Optimus Prime with the RotF toy display

Bumblebee's back

Optimus Prime's back

Optimus Prime waving at a child

Optimus Prime and Bumblebee posing with another young fan

Bumblebee and Optimus Prime holding their own toys.

Afterwards we went to Kmart then had lunch where kup showed us the fan-made Ultra Magnus accessories garage kit and gamblor916 showed us his BotCon 2009 toys. We then checked out Phantom Zone and went to gamblor916's place where we admired his nicely presented collection and watched his BotCon videos. Seeing that massive movie prop Bumblebee suddenly made meeting "Micromaster" Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at TRU seem not so great (but gamblor916 graciously pointed out that at least the Autobots we met today could move about whereas the one at BotCon was just a prop).

liegeprime, kup and I then checked out Target and Big W at Blacktown - then I went home.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 14th June 2009 at 05:37 PM.

man bloody work, its barricades to my social life hehehe, i missed out! you guys seen anything new? or anything new? anywhere?
    Last edited by Deceptic_Optic; 14th June 2009 at 09:46 PM.

That is one ugly truck. And it's a Kenworth, which is what Voyager Movie Prime was based upon (and apparently this influenced TakaraTomy to such an extent that they evidently declared prime to be a Kenworth W900, if I read right).

Prime's a Peterbilt.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

The truck is fan made, not professionally done. It's a pretty good effort. Sounds like the guy's a regular truckie who's decided to decorate his truck as a rolling tribute to movie OP. (^_^)

I feel sorry for the poor buggers in suits, no protection from kids to be found.

I'm assuming that prime and Bumblebee were mutes?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Yes. The kids were all too scared to get too close to them. Optimus Prime's codpiece kept half-falling off for a while until kup pointed it out and one of the minders fixed it (with Optimus Prime turned around so it wouldn't look sussed to the kids )

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yes. The kids were all too scared to get too close to them. Optimus Prime's codpiece kept half-falling off for a while until kup pointed it out and one of the minders fixed it (with Optimus Prime turned around so it wouldn't look sussed to the kids )
    yeah Gok fixed it first ( you know him and janglies :P) but it just keep fallin off.
    I only got 1 pic of the event, well 2 including the little play time we had at the foodcourt with Re: the Quints making of Actionmasters prime but ran out of budget... hence he cant transform anymore and was downsized

It was hard really to stay awake, I was from nightshift and went straight from work to Parramatta. Actually walked from Westmead to Parramatta thru the park ( thought the crisp cold air would wake me up) but got there 2 hours early , so I had brekky at Hungry Jacks then went to one of the courtesy sofas scattered in Westfield mall and slept there heheheh til it was nearly time for the meet-up. Texted Gok who was finding parking and met with him at TRU but it was still closed, we actually saw the guys who wore the costumes before they put it on... they're kinda short.
    We, well I decided to wait on the nearest sofa since it was still closed so that I can snooze a bit more. Kup then arrived and joined us and I finally got my natobot roadbuster kit... which was underwhelming plastic quality wise. I actually managed to snap the locking head piece when i was attaching it when I got home . But I was too sleepy to care, so I just went like meh, I'll glue it tomorrow. Gamblor showed up and yay! Botcon stuff with him! Quintesson Judge and we picked up later at his place - Botcon Elita -1! Score one more for my Fembot shelf! She's my 15th fembot. As gok said went to Westfield Blacktown after gamblors place and then we partd ways....

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    yeah Gok fixed it first ( you know him and janglies :P) but it just keep fallin off.
    I only got 1 pic of the event, well 2 including the little play time we had at the foodcourt with Re: the Quints making of Actionmasters prime but ran out of budget... hence he cant transform anymore and was downsized

It was hard really to stay awake, I was from nightshift and went straight from work to Parramatta. Actually walked from Westmead to Parramatta thru the park ( thought the crisp cold air would wake me up) but got there 2 hours early , so I had brekky at Hungry Jacks then went to one of the courtesy sofas scattered in Westfield mall and slept there heheheh til it was nearly time for the meet-up. Texted Gok who was finding parking and met with him at TRU but it was still closed, we actually saw the guys who wore the costumes before they put it on... they're kinda short.
    We, well I decided to wait on the nearest sofa since it was still closed so that I can snooze a bit more. Kup then arrived and joined us and I finally got my natobot roadbuster kit... which was underwhelming plastic quality wise. I actually managed to snap the locking head piece when i was attaching it when I got home . But I was too sleepy to care, so I just went like meh, I'll glue it tomorrow. Gamblor showed up and yay! Botcon stuff with him! Quintesson Judge and we picked up later at his place - Botcon Elita -1! Score one more for my Fembot shelf! She's my 15th fembot. As gok said went to Westfield Blacktown after gamblors place and then we partd ways....

dre did you get my pm?