Page 20 of 481 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253040 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

I find it so annoying when someone in (or who has been in) a relationship tells me to be happy about being single. They can't understand the point of why I'm upset if they've had the luck I haven't.

(wow my phone did some weird formatting to this post! Fixed now)

And more annoying that's its pretty much a stranger, a girl I went to school with over 10 years ago and was never friends with at school anyway. I need to be more selective with accepting Facebook friend requests.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 12th August 2009 at 10:27 AM.

I hear ya buddy, I was a late entrant to the dating game too so I went there many a time. The only thing worse is when they decide your being alone and miserable makes you a great person to complain to about their (often pretty lame-ass) partners and/or ask 'what they should do'? As long as we're opening old deep wounds anyway, let's add some salt!

In the 'be-happy' brigade's favor, though, you're still doing better than Eva Braun.

I get annoyed when the reverse happens. They assume that I am not happy because I am single. That really pisses me off not because of the 'single' angle but because they are assuming that there is something wrong with me because I am not conforming to their conformist view of happiness.

Well I have that conformist view of happiness so I am perpetuating that belief. I don't think I will be really happy until I've had some sort of relationship (and I don't mean the happily ever after thing, just the sort of "first love" I should have had 15 years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Well I have that conformist view of happiness so I am perpetuating that belief. I don't think I will be really happy until I've had some sort of relationship (and I don't mean the happily ever after thing, just the sort of "first love" I should have had 15 years ago).
    It's not conformist if its something you want to do rather than something you do because its what society expects of you.

You are also not an old man. There is still lots of time for what you want to happen which it could very possibly happen since you are looking. It is better to be with someone that's right for you even if it takes a long time than to be in a disaster of a relationship with someone who you have little in common with.

Obviously I cannot give solid advice as I am do not have experience with such things but from what I can observe - It's far from being a lost cause so don't give up
    Last edited by kup; 12th August 2009 at 12:20 PM.

I think it's somewhat conformist for me since when I was in the US and away from everybody I knew being alone didn't bother me as much. But back home I think people judge me for the worst because I'm single and it feels like I should have someone to be with.

And for a gay man, I am old. Like I said I don't expect to spend the rest of my life with my first bf, I just want to have a first bf to prove to myself it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I think it's somewhat conformist for me since when I was in the US and away from everybody I knew being alone didn't bother me as much. But back home I think people judge me for the worst because I'm single and it feels like I should have someone to be with.

And for a gay man, I am old. Like I said I don't expect to spend the rest of my life with my first bf, I just want to have a first bf to prove to myself it's possible.
    You are not old.

cant find anyone to take me driving >.<

thought i was finally over this cold but cant talk as it tickles my thraot

My woman troubles are all sorted out now. Hehehe like putty in my hands.

Paulbot, there is no chance you're too old! I wish I could offer some real advice/help but I'm a relationship noob, all I can say is hang in there and it will fall into place one day.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Glad to hear it Gutsman!