Page 236 of 481 FirstFirst ... 216226231232233234235236237238239240241246256 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Got a letter in the mail today telling me i'm being fined $168 for failure to return my vehicle plates and if i don't pay, will have my license suspended. Thing is, didn't receive any letter of expiry, or any goddamn warning (which the letter i got today, says i should have 28 days ago). Absolutely furious! Have been driving around unlicensed for 6 months completely oblivious

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Got a letter in the mail today telling me i'm being fined $168 for failure to return my vehicle plates and if i don't pay, will have my license suspended. Thing is, didn't receive any letter of expiry, or any goddamn warning (which the letter i got today, says i should have 28 days ago). Absolutely furious! Have been driving around unlicensed for 6 months completely oblivious
    Guess you could try to appeal it. I mean they may have it in their system that the initial letter was never sent.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

thats WA for ya.....thank you Mr Barnet

Went in today with my plates and they claim i missed 3 letters and that they definitely went to my current address. As a result they reckon i have no grounds to stand on for disputing the fine .. and i have to take the car to get inspected before i get new plates. All up, i'm down 300 bucks

Went in today with my plates and they claim i missed 3 letters and that they definitely went to my current address. As a result they reckon i have no grounds to stand on for disputing the fine .. and i have to take the car to get inspected before i get new plates. All up, i'm down 300 bucks
    THe fact that you have no idea about these letters isn't enough of a red light to them that perhaps you are a victim of identity theft via stolen mail thus you could not get the warnings in the first place thus you could not avoid this fine? Geez the least they could have done was get the Police involved or something to start an investigation then just plain out drain $300 from you. What cucking funts.

Being Lara Bingle.... I would have bet my left nut that that show wouldn't have got passed the first 2 eps, yet they keep running it's rubbish ads in my face.,,,,,, Bitch

So here's my tale of trying to get a copy of BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend for PS Vita.

I decided i wanted it and knowing it was $38 on Ozgameshop, i went to order and it was sold out.

I found someone on Gumtree selling for $35 + shipping, but since he was in Perth i asked for pickup.

At the same time, one on Ebay looked like it was gonna go really cheap, but in the morning when i woke up it was over $30 and so i never bothered bidding, but in the end it went for just $36 all up.

Holding hope for Gumtree guy, who never replied and several weeks later his listing disappeared, i ordered for $44 from Planetaxel on a friends recommendation, since the remaining options on Ebay were $45-50 and most other game shops online were sold out or more expensive.

That was June 2, and the product page said usually ships in 0-3 days. 3 days pass and it says they're looking in their warehouse and if it's there, allow 24hrs. That passes too with no update, so i email support. No human response, but the next day my order status updates to say it's been delayed coming from supplier.

Yesterday i email again since no further updates, only to see this morning another automated email telling me the order is cancelled. Upon further investigation it appears they're bankrupt now and have gone out of business. They refunded but say they fear their accounts will be frozen soon and if customers don't get the refund by the 25th June, will have to chase up their banks. My refund is sitting in Paypal on 'pending' status until the 28th so i'm assuming i ain't getting it until it's back in my bank for real.

So i roped a friend into a Play-Asia order to save some shipping, and scored a $5 off voucher from a forum and ordered it again for $42 all up. 3 weeks wait assuming it doesn't get lost in the mail.

But that's not what my vent's about, my vent is about why i put myself through this shit over just a couple of bucks when i literally just earnt the cost of the game in 10 minutes of easy freelance work! And why do i care so much when i come from the age of paying $150 for Street Fighter 2 Turbo on SNES, as a KID! The gaming industry really has devalued itself recently, i struggle when it comes to spending more than $50 on even the biggest titles nowadays.

And also my vent is about how i bet when i get the damn thing i don't even get around to playing it to the extent i want to as well! VENTAGE!

Edit: aaaand i just saw Blazblue will be on sale on PSN for £21.99 this week. BASTARDS! Oh well i didn't want a download copy anyway *rocks silently back and forth*
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 20th June 2012 at 12:57 AM.

Need to change my payment details on HLJ to pay for Breakdown and Vehicon but the new look website is broken and won't let me.

Haven't been on much over the past couple of weeks. Having the flu and had to do stocktake... Life hasn't been fun.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Haven't been on much over the past couple of weeks. Having the flu and had to do stocktake... Life hasn't been fun.
    Sounds like someone deserves to buy themselves a treat (Transformer).