Page 242 of 481 FirstFirst ... 222232237238239240241242243244245246247252262 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Bloody hell Hursti. That sounds pretty full on! You went from having to wear glasses to not being able to hold a drivers licence.!
    thats a bit extreme.
    hope it all works out for you.
    keep us posted

Short sightedness isn't solely to do with using computers, reading or watching TV (though these things can contribute) -- it's just to do with living in urban environments where we very rarely (if ever) look into far off long distances like the horizon. For most of us, the end of a road while we're driving is as far as we may look at. Taiwan has one of the highest rates of kids who need corrective eyewear, and it's speculated that it's probably because a lot of kids there live in relatively cramped urban environments - apartment buildings instead of houses - and just always looking at things close up. If wearing eyewear bugs you that much, saving up for corrective medical procedures is one option. A cheaper option is contact lenses -- but I personally can't stand the thought of jabbing at my own eyeballs! Also your eyes get fatigued if you wear contacts for prolonged periods of time.

But I think it's important that if you do need corrective eyewear, use it as prescribed. I got glasses when I was 15/16, and I haven't needed to get any stronger prescriptions since then because I always wear them. You can also get stylish frames -- mknell got himself a pair of Astroboy frames (he was wearing them at the last Parra Fair ). I'd love to see someone make a pair of Transformers frames.

Speaking of contacts, our old Year 8 Japanese text book starts with a comic strip - introducing basic greetings - set in a Dojo where people are bowing in Seiza like this. I'd always tell the kids that Sensei had dropped his contacts and everyone's trying to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I hope that it doesn't get any worse, but now having to use glasses & being told that I'm medically unfit to ever hold a license or legally operate heavy equipment - I'm depressingly dependant on others (Or Public Transport) in order to get around (Apart from Push-bikes... or Horses), so yes things will hopefully be better in the end () but it still feels like I've had a degree of independence taken away.
    Holy shit dude That's f'ed-up! I'm so sorry to hear this Hursti. I hope everything works out for you
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Have powerdvd 9 on comuter but needs to upgrade to watch avengers blu ray!! I try to d/l the patch but it keeps going file corrupted so I cant watch the blu ray!! Only bought it to watch the extras now I cant view them

can you use vlc player to watch bluerays?

TFS Abridged Parody Episode 27
    Why has i never watched these?!
    This shiz is gold!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post

I hope that it doesn't get any worse, but now having to use glasses & being told that I'm medically unfit to ever hold a license or legally operate heavy equipment - I'm depressingly dependant on others (Or Public Transport) in order to get around (Apart from Push-bikes... or Horses), so yes things will hopefully be better in the end () but it still feels like I've had a degree of independence taken away.
    I hope it doesn't turn out as severe as it sounds, I know how hard it can be when the ability to drive is taken away. I wasn't allowed to drive until I was 25.

Why aren't you allowed to have a driving license if your vision is corrected with glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Have powerdvd 9 on comuter but needs to upgrade to watch avengers blu ray!! I try to d/l the patch but it keeps going file corrupted so I cant watch the blu ray!! Only bought it to watch the extras now I cant view them

You need PowerDVD11 to play blurays (and a BD Drive) and it seems that you can't play them on VLC because the codecs for Blurays is encrypted and you need a license for it. It is a very restricted format.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    TFS Abridged Parody Episode 27
    Why has i never watched these?!
    This shiz is gold!
    Yeah man they are hilarious, favorite bits nappa haunting vegeta and krillins own count... BTW PS3 HD Collection Remastered release for Budokai 1 and 3.... I will pay over $9000!!!... comes out in november

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

I don't have a car.
    I've move 4 times in 2 years.
    I can't uses digi drawing programs on the computer, my eyes burn out.
    My job is illustration but i can't get the official job for it because of digi programs. And traditional hard-working pen n paper don't apply.
    I've had 2 cats die within 3 months of eachother.
    My rental house I'm in is up for sale.
    I'm currently suffering from a mutated allergy/flu strain.
    My kid keeps comeing back from school with fevers or nits.
    Partners loosing weight while i'm putting it on, how that happens is a mystery.
    My monitor wont recognise my motherboard/drive ect, computer.
    My ps2 has a loose power supply and is currently not playable.
    Kid wants a bumblebee rescuebot costume, and we know what happens when a kids heart is set on something.
    Sunstreaker cost me about $250
    Can't get tf fans to communicate for a simple meet.
    Only found out yesterday that the 'art' pens i brought were blue... -.-;
    and that the kid has used all my art paper... -.-; ... ... ... yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Yeah man they are hilarious, favorite bits nappa haunting vegeta and krillins own count... BTW PS3 HD Collection Remastered release for Budokai 1 and 3.... I will pay over $9000!!!... comes out in november
    Hell yeah!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast