Page 247 of 481 FirstFirst ... 227237242243244245246247248249250251252257267 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Its over - G1 collecting has gone to the dogs. I've lost all my enthusiasm for transformer collecting. KO sellers dominate ebay
    You said it man. Worst time to be collecting G1's right now and it's only gona get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You should have done the same to his lawn
    True. Yes I am 13 and I am pretty sure these views will fade away when I get older. I seem to ignore it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Out of curiousity, how old are you? Because 99% of those "problems" only exist to people under the age of 23.

Especially not being cool because you don't wear vans.
    By chance, what is that 1% chance? I'm guessing knockoffs. That is definetely true.

People are wearing minature vans on their feet now? Are they like a rollerskating shoe in the shape of a van?

Im on the phone to centrelink. First call they punted me off the phone to leave a message!

Also hard finding a job when you study part time

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    ...how I can't hold on to a hobby for more than 6 months...
    How's TF's holding for ya?

I lost interest in TF's when I was your age (right after Beast Wars), and didn't get back into it until I was 21-23... somewhere then.

Megatron Guest

Your internet service has been slowed...

By chance, what is that 1% chance? I'm guessing knockoffs. That is definetely true.
    Correct. That is indeed a true problem.

Oh, and further to your rant post, tell these associates of yours that the latest music is all rubbish. I cannot speak detrimentally enough of the music you kids listen to these days. And I don't say this in the way that my father/grandfather said this to me, in that the style has evolved into something those that came before consider meaningless noise (I put heavy/death metal in that category.)

Music has become a means to an end rather than the end itself. It has become nothing more than a method for the "artist" (and I use that term VERY loosely) to promote and sell their image. And their image usually involves said "artist" in a video clip acting like a 2 bit ho (if a woman), or surrounding themselves with 2 bit hos (if a man), and partaking in activities and behaviours that we generally consider to be detrimental to society.

I just had a look through the ARIA top 50 singles. And really??? The only artist I think deserves to be there is Missy Higgins. WHile I don't really like her music, at least she makes music to express herself and connect with her listeners. Not to get the most bang for buck out of every song and hundreds of potential club remixes.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    How's TF's holding for ya?

I lost interest in TF's when I was your age (right after Beast Wars), and didn't get back into it until I was 21-23... somewhere then.
    Since around April/May. I really want to keep it going. I imagine it's going to get tough. Before this was pokemon. I think if I can keep buying toys, watching the shows/movies and playing the games at a consistent rate can help me stay on track, because usually when I see something from my childhood, I get interested. I went off collecting ben 10 figures about a year ago, (after I'd got every alien force figure) but I drifted away from it. These past few weeks the idea to keep going keeps coming up in my head and it's hard ton jam it out.
    This is a good and bad time for me, all the good stuff from my childhood is coming back. TMNT, Thundercats, a little power-rangers, ben 10, MOTU etc are all trying to replace the spot currently held by transformers. As I said before, I really want to hold onto this hobby as long as I can,as I don't want to tell myself that I've wasted so much money on something that isn't even that important to me. I really don't want to do that again. It's frustrating. I now feel like I can really only go with transformers and no other toys, since I don't want anything else to take over. It's kind of paranoid, but I think it might work. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Correct. That is indeed a true problem.

Oh, and further to your rant post, tell these associates of yours that the latest music is all rubbish. I cannot speak detrimentally enough of the music you kids listen to these days. And I don't say this in the way that my father/grandfather said this to me, in that the style has evolved into something those that came before consider meaningless noise (I put heavy/death metal in that category.)

Music has become a means to an end rather than the end itself. It has become nothing more than a method for the "artist" (and I use that term VERY loosely) to promote and sell their image. And their image usually involves said "artist" in a video clip acting like a 2 bit ho (if a woman), or surrounding themselves with 2 bit hos (if a man), and partaking in activities and behaviours that we generally consider to be detrimental to society.

I just had a look through the ARIA top 50 singles. And really??? The only artist I think deserves to be there is Missy Higgins. WHile I don't really like her music, at least she makes music to express herself and connect with her listeners. Not to get the most bang for buck out of every song and hundreds of potential club remixes.

Yeah, I try that. But they just go, "Well you listen to U2 and Stan Bush and I'm like yeah. It's even worse with people not having any gift or talent and just autotuning. It pains me, when there are those that are normal and act normal, but they don't become famous because they don't looooove partying like Chris Brown or whatever that man ******* **** ****** ****hole does for a living. They let fame get to them and it's really hard to find meaningful, yet true musical talent out there. It's really annoying to me too. You're not alone. And I have another rant; people who think life is all about partying and don't take anything seriously. That and ripoffs of other songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
    Its cool if people just said like 'not interested' or 'can't on this day' but i can't even get people to tell me that. I've tried all forms of communications and the thread, if you've noticed. I'm talking to myself. My non tf (very casual kinda tf fans) friends have more responses than the actual tf fans. (the ones claiming to be on this forum a lot.) Like, is there a few satellites down on Cybertron? No signal?
    Yeah Goki, your one of the adventurous ones and we are not all like that. I know that. And people are busy , like duh. And no, there are no toy fairs or conventions here in NQ. But i truely think its Townsville as the same problems occured with finding Dystopian Wars/40k players. ( but my BF has a stricter timetable with work n all) I no worky like that but i'm not free anytime either. And these things are just coming of as rude. Its a big deal that i can get out to the cosplay night, being a good $30 in a taxi each way if my other contacts fail, and i have no choice but to lug the kid too. (which will need feeding in those 5 hours- can you see Sunstreaker in a Maccas line...?) So its not smooth at my end. But even then, the only people that have responded to the post are you guys from wayyyyyyyyyy outttttttaaaaaaaa town. That just feels weird. Its nice to have pen-pals.
    Pisseddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddd just let me do this, annoyedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd d because i cannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ... ok better now, bit.
    If i ever go looking for gold, I'll visit Sunstreaker in a maccas line... sounds like my kind of youtube video

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Its over - G1 collecting has gone to the dogs. I've lost all my enthusiasm for transformer collecting. KO sellers dominate ebay, collectors who I thought were pretty decent turn out to be assholes and i'm sick of cheapskate buyers and yesterday I caught my neighbour letting their dog take a dump on my lawn.
    That sucks dude. I get that feeling too sometimes.. And some couple walking past let their dog crap on my lawn a few months ago... i wish i'd picked it up and thrown it at them..

people who use bad grammar and whenever I correct , they go whatever,
    That's me .. sorry. english was my most hatted subject and i like some dubstep.. Not the crap that every recent pop artist seems to try and incorporate into their tracks .... don't hold it against me. maybe it all stems from trying to make transforming noises as a child