Page 262 of 481 FirstFirst ... 242252257258259260261262263264265266267272282 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

you'll experience the most severe pain when you have to get your wallet out at the end.

Went out today to pick up supposedly 570 pokemon cards from an ebay seller, brought it back home, and counted only 453 and 43 were fakes. Not to angry, just disappointed.

We live on a block with quite a few trees on it (Belgrave for Melbournites) and I walk out this morning and one of the medium sized trees has fallen across the driveway. Me being more interested in TFs than a chain saw or axe, all I had was a small file saw. Too heavy to move by hand - don't think I didn't give it a red hot shot! We had to walk to the next suburb to get an axe. I hate trees. I hate dealing with them when they fall. I hate the way this one is preventing me from getting to Target to pick up Deadend. Aarrrghh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    We live on a block with quite a few trees on it (Belgrave for Melbournites) and I walk out this morning and one of the medium sized trees has fallen across the driveway. Me being more interested in TFs than a chain saw or axe, all I had was a small file saw. Too heavy to move by hand - don't think I didn't give it a red hot shot! We had to walk to the next suburb to get an axe. I hate trees. I hate dealing with them when they fall. I hate the way this one is preventing me from getting to Target to pick up Deadend. Aarrrghh!!
    I like trees, not all of them and not all the time, but since I've been a kid, we've had a view of a gigantic tree (unknown species) from our backyard. This thing was probably 6+ metres tall and likely to be hundreds of years old(?) -- it had a huge trunk that spread across two backyards, with roots penetrating our backyard and my next door neighbour's backyard.

Last night coming home from my girlfriend's place where I stayed over for a night, I drove into the backyard and found one missing-6+-metre-tall-tree shadow. WTH?!?!?! Turns out that the people with their backyards conjoining ours hired 3 guys to chainsaw it on Saturday. WTH?!?!?! It doesn't look like they're developing that area for any good reason, and it sure as hell didn't look like the tree was sick or dying (lush green leaves every year). Who does that?!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I like trees, not all of them and not all the time, but since I've been a kid, we've had a view of a gigantic tree (unknown species) from our backyard. This thing was probably 6+ metres tall and likely to be hundreds of years old(?) -- it had a huge trunk that spread across two backyards, with roots penetrating our backyard and my next door neighbour's backyard.

Last night coming home from my girlfriend's place where I stayed over for a night, I drove into the backyard and found one missing-6+-metre-tall-tree shadow. WTH?!?!?! Turns out that the people with their backyards conjoining ours hired 3 guys to chainsaw it on Saturday. WTH?!?!?! It doesn't look like they're developing that area for any good reason, and it sure as hell didn't look like the tree was sick or dying (lush green leaves every year). Who does that?!
    If they didn't have council permission then that was a fairly illegal act. Might pay to make an enquiry.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I probably should amend my post a bit. I do like trees, I just really hate it when they fall through natural causes over which I have no control (high winds where we are) and in such a way that requires a lot of cleaning up. I suppose it's good that it didn't fall on our house.

Suspectimus, it does bite that they removed that tree, particularly if there was nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    If they didn't have council permission then that was a fairly illegal act. Might pay to make an enquiry.
    I'll do that, since there's nothing else we can do about it now.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Still haven't got me an MP optimus yet. I really don't want to miss out.

Call TRU Head Office, tell them that you've been searching for months and haven't found one locally and get them to source one for you from another store in Australia. Because MP10s are a lot more easier to find in some TRUs now (The_Scream_Man found what he described as "a wall" of them at Chatswood TRU and I found 3 sitting there at CH TRU) -- so Head Office can source one directly from one of their branches that has them in stock.

I was taking apart and playing with the light in a busted microscope today, as I was trying to take the bright light out to go on the ceiling of my shelf to light up my collection. As I was doing so, after about an hour of unscrewing like 100 screws and using pliers to yank off plastic, the red and black wires connected to the switch broke off from the battery pack. It no longer worked, so I tried to reattach them by hooking them around it.
    While doing this, the red and red+black wires slipped of the wires connected to the bulb and I have no idea where they go.
    I probably should have taken photos to see where everything went, but I didn't realise I had to do that much plastic removal, which also involved splitting a thick plastic part with a wire looped through it.
    I guess it's my fault but I may be able to fix it, if I get help.
    Does anyone know where everything goes and how to attach things?
    Here are some pics:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/6880106...in/photostream

Please help as I don't want to buy an actual unit and want to light up my collection.