Page 26 of 481 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930313646 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by yukitora View Post
    last week or so, my computer caught a nut-job of a virsu and had to be whiped.... 1 years work... downloads, photos, scans, games... all gone GONE!
    AND it didn't hit me till i went to play Sims2. BUMBLEBEE, WHERE IS MY BUMBLEBEE CHARACTER? @$^*((&^%#@%^*&*/#$ my custom Pink hair elf babe? My new rugs i just dowloaded? AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! Son-of-a-FFFFFFFFFF...

I couldn't even sleep.

BUMBLEBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE E!
    You couldn't enter Windows in safe mode to backup the data first?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    You couldn't enter Windows in safe mode to backup the data first?
    I wanted to reply something like that but since it was already too late I didn't see a point.

Basically - It's very difficult to permanently loose data like that from a virus unless you format first and ask questions later. Very few viruses out there destroy data as their primary objective is not to destroy but to spy, steal or trick you into revealing info.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I wanted to reply something like that but since it was already too late I didn't see a point.

Basically - It's very difficult to permanently loose data like that from a virus unless you format first and ask questions later. Very few viruses out there destroy data as their primary objective is not to destroy but to spy, steal or trick you into revealing info.
    This is true but maybe she was trying to decipher Decepticon codes! Soundwave became aware of the situation and downloaded a virus onto her PC that made the HDD implode within 5 nanoclicks...Come on, I'm right aren't I?

yukitora Guest

uh people this is windows xp not 95!
    xp doesn't like safe mode.
    some backup was saved, but only 5% anything that wasn't in windows - main programs section is GONE. the only thing that remained were icons of everything, so i'm in the process of installing everything from word to printers.
    i still prefer windows 95/98 over this crap.
    but more importantly... BUMBLEBEE

If I were you I would have entered safe mode (press F8 on POST - during black screen w/white text) and performed a system restore from a previous day/time you knew all was well. Sorry to hear you've lost all your data anyhow.

No further comment other than System restore is not often a reliable fix specially when it comes to viruses but that is hardly the only option. Anyhow it's too late anyway.
    Last edited by kup; 10th September 2009 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    No further comment other than System restore is not often a reliable fix specially when it comes to viruses but that is hardly the only option. Anyhow it's too late anyway.
    She said she had actually lost data, if she did the system restore it could have restored that lost data. Shen could then go about tackling the virus/backing up the restored data then formating the HDD...

We are not getting the full picture so who knows but nevertheless - It's very difficult to loose data that way unless the HDD physically craps up. She mentioned that her computer had a virus and had to be wiped, causing her data to be lost which I find a bit bizarre.

yukitora Guest

thanks for careing. I still have virus. keep sending to virus vault... oh and its a TROJEN! Morn Bumblebee if you could send me a VIRUS TROJAN DESTROYER PROGRAM or something, it might help.

during getting virused, a windows program popped up and wanted me to register to get rid of virus. i apparently had no firewall at the time or it ate it. in virus vault it currently says 'trojan horse downloader.generic8.blhw
    c:\system volume information\_restore{a68fce1b-oe73-47d3-8f6d-395feb40d220{\rp33\a0006223.exe

yukitora Guest

viruse trojan (4 dif types) in 'win32/induc , SDK type: Core, type:file