Page 27 of 481 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

Go into safe mode and do a full scan. Also download Spybot Search & Destroy.

What Virus scanner are you running btw?

Also download Sygate Personal Firewall - Its free and has served me very well for years.

Quote Originally Posted by yukitora View Post
    thanks for careing. I still have virus. keep sending to virus vault... oh and its a TROJEN! Morn Bumblebee if you could send me a VIRUS TROJAN DESTROYER PROGRAM or something, it might help.

during getting virused, a windows program popped up and wanted me to register to get rid of virus. i apparently had no firewall at the time or it ate it. in virus vault it currently says 'trojan horse downloader.generic8.blhw
    c:\system volume information\_restore{a68fce1b-oe73-47d3-8f6d-395feb40d220{\rp33\a0006223.exe
    Quote Originally Posted by yukitora View Post
    viruse trojan (4 dif types) in 'win32/induc , SDK type: Core, type:file
    i no expert at this..
    but , what i have "highlighted" sounds like what i call extortion-ware..
    "unsure, if that is what everyone else calls as well"

While you're at it also d/l 'Crap Cleaner' & 'Driver Sweeper' and run those while in safe mode also. Further, d/l a free antivirus program (I use and recommend AVG) and most importantly, go into control panel and make sure your firewall is definitely ON!!

yukitora Guest

i'll take a pic the next time it pops up. give it two days or so! u do know that xp doesn't like to run in safe mode... and i really don't want to try since it doesn't like to work. just repetes itself really. and i can't be assed reinstalling xp. since i have to reinstall everything else. avg says there be no more virus, but thats what it said 2 days ago too. if you like, i can reinstall the virus. i'm sure i know where it is!

Morn Bumblebee danmit!

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGG who here has got some pretty wallpaper? or a rw cd drive they want to get rid of? (help to restore computer backup)

Yesterday I was standing in front of a shop and I saw a car pull into a handicapped parking spot with no disabled parking sticker displayed on the window. When the driver stepped out I told him that he had parked in a handicapped space - not rudely or anything, just matter-of-factly. We all make mistakes.

After he and his partner unload their 3 children (a baby and 2 toddlers) he hobbles over to me in the most FAKE looking limp I've ever seen and with a smart-arse grin on his face tells me that he's disabled. I told him that he needs to display his disabled parking permit on the windscreen as is required by law. He says to me, "Oh well, go call the police then!" and walks away (with no limp!) with his family.

So I whipped out my mobile phone and called the cops. They walked out of the store to go to another shop next door and his partner sees me on the phone and I hear her yelling, "HE'S CALLING THE POLICE!" in a frantic voice. A few minutes later I've finished my phone call and he comes back and says to me, "Oh I'm so scared you called the police!" in a sarcastic mocking tone of voice. I just said, "I don't care, the police have the relevant details so it's up to them now." He then told me to go fornicate myself (in front of his kids no less) and gets into the car. As they reverse out of the handicapped space the partner gives me the finger.

One funny thing is that as the father was verbally abusing me, one of his toddlers smiles and waves at me like he wants to be my friend. His mother grabbed him and yells something at him angrily in their language. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yesterday I was standing in front of a shop and I saw a car pull into a handicapped parking spot with no disabled parking sticker displayed on the window. When the driver stepped out I told him that he had parked in a handicapped space - not rudely or anything, just matter-of-factly. We all make mistakes.

After he and his partner unload their 3 children (a baby and 2 toddlers) he hobbles over to me in the most FAKE looking limp I've ever seen and with a smart-arse grin on his face tells me that he's disabled. I told him that he needs to display his disabled parking permit on the windscreen as is required by law. He says to me, "Oh well, go call the police then!" and walks away (with no limp!) with his family.

So I whipped out my mobile phone and called the cops. They walked out of the store to go to another shop next door and his partner sees me on the phone and I hear her yelling, "HE'S CALLING THE POLICE!" in a frantic voice. A few minutes later I've finished my phone call and he comes back and says to me, "Oh I'm so scared you called the police!" in a sarcastic mocking tone of voice. I just said, "I don't care, the police have the relevant details so it's up to them now." He then told me to go fornicate myself (in front of his kids no less) and gets into the car. As they reverse out of the handicapped space the partner gives me the finger.

One funny thing is that as the father was verbally abusing me, one of his toddlers smiles and waves at me like he wants to be my friend. His mother grabbed him and yells something at him angrily in their language. Hilarious.

It is absolutely inconsiderate vermin like these people that I loathe in life but unfortunately these rats grow more and more in number in society. The fact they are parents and should be setting an example to their kids is equally disturbing.

Kudos to you for being a good samaritan but you gotta be careful as it may have escalated into a volatile situation very quickly.

If they want to park in a disabled car spot they should just apply at the RTA like anyone else. God knows, nowadays they give those permits out like chase cards in a basketball card pack i.e. 1 in 5. I live near Chinatown and the number of disabled parking permits on souped up sports cars is ridiculous.

That said, some people rightfully have an impairment that is not plain obvious. I remember a workmate who didn't have a kidney and was on a dialysis machine who has a disabled parking permit was challenged by some ignoramus just because he wasn't in a wheel chair.

My mate lifted his shirt up and showed him his stomach and the fellow was quite apologetic and ashamed afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    lots of writing
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thats awesome dude, I love it when people do that. Besides, if it did become a volatile situation, the cops had the details already haha.

These parents do sound like scum of the earth anyway, I really detest people swearing in front of or at their kids. It's no wonder their kids will grow up to be just like them...

Quote Originally Posted by Trailer Park Ninja View Post
    some people rightfully have an impairment that is not plain obvious. I remember a workmate who didn't have a kidney and was on a dialysis machine who has a disabled parking permit was challenged by some ignoramus just because he wasn't in a wheel chair.

My mate lifted his shirt up and showed him his stomach and the fellow was quite apologetic and ashamed afterwards.
    Sometimes you can't know that someone is disabled, there are many disabilities that are not visible to the naked eye.
    You do have to be careful sometimes, but sometimes you can just tell that they are blatantly obviously that they are abusing the privelage. I always like watching ACA or whatever when they expose people who act disabled to get a permit and then you see them walking around as if they are as fit as a fiddle.

go Goki!

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    These parents do sound like scum of the earth anyway
    haha, just like the song.
    "Ding-a-ling, come out and get yo ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass-whoopin" - Skids and Mudflap

Weve got a disabled parking permit because my son has a disability- and its not obvious at all. Id prefer not to use it most of the time as we "manage" with him and there are probably lots of people that would benefit more from it that us.

But good on you Gok just the same- it pisses me when people just pull in for the sake of their own laziness.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness