Page 32 of 481 FirstFirst ... 122227282930313233343536374252 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah but at least the cops are informed and its unlikely that the person will return since he didn't take anything or got frightened away before he could steal.

Did he actually take Brutucus' head or did it come off when it was dropped?
    i think when they dropped it yeah at least nothing was taken, hopefully they dont comeback, man im so lucky cos my tf are not even insured

Angry

Oooh a thread where get to vent! Where do I begin - having to move in with my loving but insane parents at the beginning of this year, being stuck in a job and career I hate so intensley I've allowed it to get me dipping in and out of various vices - cigarettes, wacky cigarettes and alcoholism (I've been clean of all for a while now, but work stress got me back on the cancer sticks) - if you are of any intelligence and possess motivation, do not join the Australian Public Service, or at least the Department of Broadband and Communications! Just a warning.

Being single is lonely and sad and the fact that I'm just as much a shy hermit now as I was 15 years is frustrating. And while I love my pets dearly, the fact that the two beings I feel closest to in the world are a cat and a dog also makes me angry at times.

Well I'll leave it at that. And alas when one thinks of all the ills of the world out there, it doesn't always give you perspective - and if it does it just makes you feel guilty. At least that's what I've found.
    Heck while I'm greatful for attending the Parramatta meetup the fact I still couldn't find it in myself to be more social and gregarious is also infuriating.
    Catcon: sleeper agent of evil

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optics View Post
    i think when they dropped it yeah at least nothing was taken, hopefully they dont comeback, man im so lucky cos my tf are not even insured
    I feel for you - I was robbed a couple of years and they took anything of immediate monetary value (that could be traded at Cash Converters) that I had - but it was losing the peace of mind that I had previously enjoyed at this place that hurt the most. I ended up moving a month later because I could not stand to live there (it didn't help that in my case I was 99% sure that it was the people who lived above me that did the deed).
    Catcon: sleeper agent of evil

Its so lucky that nothing was taken, you should put jail bars on your window now!
    Is transformer toy insurance expensive and easily attained?

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream212 View Post
    Its so lucky that nothing was taken, you should put jail bars on your window now!
    Is transformer toy insurance expensive and easily attained?
    Well its easy to have it insured, but, if you really wanna have it insured properly..... you have to have a detailed list , have someone appraise each piece, coz NRMA only covers $10,000 ( as my collection is) and isnt even worth half of the collection's worth. My G1 alone while not in pristine condition is worth more than 10 grand but Im still hoping none of this bad luck stealing affair hits me, heaven forbid.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

thanks for the information, i only have movie figures but when i start to get a decent Beast Wars collection ill have a serious think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaint View Post
    Heck while I'm greatful for attending the Parramatta meetup the fact I still couldn't find it in myself to be more social and gregarious is also infuriating.
    aherh hitting a blank brick wall? im not use to it

Well i got home today, after having a normal usual day. Sat down in front of the computer until i heard my mom screamed "somebody broke in! somebody broke in!" *in filo* and i was like whatever until i actually got out of the garden and realise she was right garden looks ok but our gardens fence got ripped opened due to its small escaped door, probably the offender used an axed or something? Then the worst part was the broken the window! The window of the room where all my tf collections are! just outside the window is bruticus lying on the ground headless! i observed the whole place to see if anything else was missing luckily they didnt manage to get in the house but only manage to grab bruticus out of the window and weirdly the empty box of ultimate bumblebee outside the fence. *sigh* I guess main nothing is nobody got hurt and nothing got stolen just broken glass, alot of it! with my collections . I called the police, made a police report but what else can they do but try to get finger prints. So much for having a piece of mind
    Damnit, that makes my blood boil. As bad as it is consider it a sign that you need to insure your Transformers. I currently pay $200 for my home contents insurance a year and recently called NRMA (who I'm with) to see how much more it would cost to insure my Transformers for $5000. Guess how much? ZERO. You just tell them you want to insure roughly however many you've got Takara//Hasbro Transformer toys for that amount and it gets attached to your home contents insurance (just make sure you take photo's of all your toys). They then send you a letter to keep with your records. I also recommend a lockable cabinet for your most prized toys! Hopefully by doing all this your peace of mind will gradually be restored.

Well i got home today, after having a normal usual day. Sat down in front of the computer until i heard my mom screamed "somebody broke in! somebody broke in!" *in filo* and i was like whatever until i actually got out of the garden and realise she was right garden looks ok but our gardens fence got ripped opened due to its small escaped door, probably the offender used an axed or something? Then the worst part was the broken the window! The window of the room where all my tf collections are! just outside the window is bruticus lying on the ground headless! i observed the whole place to see if anything else was missing luckily they didnt manage to get in the house but only manage to grab bruticus out of the window and weirdly the empty box of ultimate bumblebee outside the fence. *sigh* I guess main nothing is nobody got hurt and nothing got stolen just broken glass, alot of it! with my collections . I called the police, made a police report but what else can they do but try to get finger prints. So much for having a piece of mind
    Gah! That sucks. I've been burgled a few times before and I know you have that AWFUL feeling of having been violated. Last time I got burgled the guy stole:
    + Original G1 Optimus Prime
    + Original G1 Megatron
    + Original G1 Ultra Magnus
    + Original G1 Galvatron
    + Loose in box BTA Alert
    + MISB BTA Broadcast
    + My _entire_ DVD collection
    + My PS2 and games
    + My DVD/VCR
    + My microwave oven
    ...my Binaltech Prowl was also broken (one wing mirror snapped off, never recovered).

Here's what my TF room at the time looked like just after the burglarly:

<sigh> Hope nobody else ever has to experience this.

Again thanks guys, really appreciate for the advices. Im just so paranoid at the moment that i end up slowly packing away my collection and I think we are still deciding if we are putting security shutters on the house. Its just so sad that people like this exist, you just feel so violated *bastards* Sad part is i might even gave up collecting cos this same thing happen 6 years ago but we got robbed in a unit, my collection wasnt that big and its not that intersting with thieves then so i packed them away for a couple of years until i got over the incident. I dont know if i could move on with this one specially with the actual target this time is my collection *sigh*