Page 398 of 481 FirstFirst ... 378388393394395396397398399400401402403408418 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    I hate summer.
    Ever since it got hot my laptop is having problems working properly which means I can't play games on it anymore, and watching videos has been proven to be tricky. It only works alright when it is cold.
    And making music is very difficult, which is a worry because I have stuff to do, but if Ableton doesn't work, then I can't get stuff done
    Try one of those laptop cooling stable table things. I have one from Dick Smith and it is great.

When I was watching Star Wars, I had a lady sitting to my left who would occasionally feel the need to tell her friend sitting on her left what she was thinking at certain times of the movie. She also felt the need to occasionally react aloud to certain points of the movie, like "Oooh, did you see that?!" or "WHOA! <describes.what.just.happened>!" Yeah, thanks lady. We all saw and heard that too. We don't need a running commentary from you! At one point of the movie, she also decided to use her phone, and I used my hand to shield my eyes from the back glow of her phone in a very obvious manner that she couldn't have not noticed. But she didn't care. And I shot her lots of dirty stares when she was talking, but that didn't stop her either. She also placed her feet on the chair in front of her and when the movie ended, I noticed that she had spilt popcorn all over the floor in front of her like a freakin' pig.

Compared to a most other talkers I've encountered she wasn't that bad. Her commentaries were fairly intermittent, unlike some other talkers who chat throughout the movie in a more sustained manner. But it was still really annoying. The other stupid thing is that before the movie started, we could see/hear some young kids sitting a few rows in front of us, and this lady groaned, "Oh great, I hate it when that happens," -- and yeah, those kids did predictably talk a few times during the film. But what a massive hypocrite for preemptively complaining about kids talking only to go ahead and do exactly that!

Some people just shouldn't be out in public.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    At one point of the movie, she also decided to use her phone, and I used my hand to shield my eyes from the back glow of her phone in a very obvious manner that she couldn't have not noticed.
    Perhaps she was demonstrating the back glow effect of the light saber.

I haven't been to a regular cinema session in a few years [Ted, 2012] for the exact same reason.

When I saw Star Wars I did get a bit annoyed (which is probably why my reaction to the movie was lower) because everyone was cheering when someone from the old movies showed up, and everyone laughed at the jokes even though this wasn't a sitcom
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Although I didn't do either of those things, I think that's quite a different thing from having conversations or making commentaries or using your phone during a movie. Cheering and laughing are more like the crowd reacting as a crowd to what is happening on the screen. Even if I'm not personally cheering or laughing at the time, I can fully understand why others would. It's a shared experience -- the audience is laughing and cheering together.

But the lady next to me kept on having private conversations with her friend on the other side. Her outbursts were often done as an individual. Having a whole cinema react to something is one thing, having just ONE person react loudly to something is different. She isn't sharing the experience with anyone, she's just being rude and selfish.

While I saw Force Awakens two teenagers were waving around light up lightsabers for about the first quarter of the movie. I feel your pain.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Some people just shouldn't be out in public.
    Sad but true

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH BOLLOCKS!

I tried to book a movie ticket online using a complimentary coupon, but the system tells me that the coupon has "insufficient funds," and I've received no ticket through my email. So now I'm going to have to go into the cinema tomorrow to try and purchase the ticket and just hope that the good seats aren't booked out.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH BOLLOCKS!

I tried to book a movie ticket online using a complimentary coupon, but the system tells me that the coupon has "insufficient funds," and I've received no ticket through my email. So now I'm going to have to go into the cinema tomorrow to try and purchase the ticket and just hope that the good seats aren't booked out.
    You hope you don't meet that silly women again. Man I thought only kids will do that now as they don't understand the concept of watching the movie as they are young. but reading this its a shame that the friend doesn't tell her to pipe down as well.

Well.....EMS post for thundercracker got status Tokyo outward exchange for a past week, my UW devy which was one day earlier arrived last week. This suck not knowing is lost or entered Australia at all.