Page 409 of 481 FirstFirst ... 389399404405406407408409410411412413414419429 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

This was my tv up until about 3 or 4 years ago.
    It was originally my grandfather's and he bought it pretty much when it first went on sale. Manual dial channel changer and no remote. The good old days.

Built a hell of a lot sturdier than today's TV's. It's whole life, only needed to replace the tube three times - nothing else.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Today's flatscreen are so huge when they spoil I like to see how it is disposed

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Today's flatscreen are so huge when they spoil I like to see how it is disposed
    A lot of them end up at electronic recyclers either directly by the person, or in bulk by the landfill staff and they get stripped down (for gold, other precious metals) and then recycled.

Although we had one of them new fangled TVs with push buttons to change channels instead of dials! However our VCR was this top-loader. I see you had one of them fancy front loaders. (I found it was actually easier to clean the heads of top loaders)

Megatran Guest

Starscream true to form. Lead in to battle from the back row.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Although we had one of them new fangled TVs with push buttons to change channels instead of dials! However our VCR was this top-loader. I see you had one of them fancy front loaders. (I found it was actually easier to clean the heads of top loaders)
    I seem to recall my grandparents having that model of television.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Transformers made a frequent occurrence on that TV

My grandmother had a channel push button TV, but I've never used a top loader VCR before.

This model must've been one of the popular ones at the time, because I've seen a few around at 2nd hand stores over the years. No so much these days though

we had an old akai top loading vcr also...notoriously temperamental towards the end of its life
    Kind of inspired to track down an old tele too now

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I know the feeling. My beautiful 64" TV with Foxtel is used basically for recording and playing ABC4Kids.... over and over and over... so sick of the Peppa Pig and Thomas jingles. Things we put up with for our kids.
    lol. this is my little brother george! *snort*
    my newphew doesn't seem to be that into thomas, he loves paw patrol though. no job is too big, no pup is too small!

People not resizing photos to post on the boards. I've done it on occasion, it's inconvenient, stop doing it.

Also housemates who don't clean up after themselves. If they want me to do it they can knock 50 bucks off my weekly rent.