Page 43 of 481 FirstFirst ... 233338394041424344454647485363 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

I'm too lazy to snipe, put on your max bid and let it roll. If I'm outbid I just think OMG O_O you paid that much you fool. On the rare occassion I might up my bid, that is only if I'm on and an auction I'm bidding on is ending, nothing I like more than annoying the hell out of snipers (sorry guys) even if I don't win it makes them pay more(sorry again guys) Yes I'm spiteful sometimes.

Pretty much 90% of all my auction wins are from sniping. I'm in total agreement with Kup in saying that to have a better chance of winning you have to snipe.
    However, i don't live by my computer counting down the seconds, i use a snipe tool.
    Last edited by sideswipes brother; 24th January 2010 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    However, i don't live by my computer counting down the seconds, i use a snipe tool.
    Which is where it becomes annoying for those of us who do count down the seconds (and to my knowledge was against ebay terms )

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    (and to my knowledge was against ebay terms )
    Aparently not, though I couldn't find out difinitive information on the matter and eBay doesn't even touch on the subject of using snipe tools.
    It only refers to sniping in the tense of someone sitting at the PC hitting bid at 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Pretty much 90% of all my auction wins are from sniping. I'm in total agreement with Kup in saying that to win you have to snipe.
    If "90% of" your auction wins are from sniping and "to win you have to snipe", what happens the other ten percent of the time then?

I have no problem with people believing sniping helps them, but it's just not true that you have to snipe to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    If "90% of" your auction wins are from sniping and "to win you have to snipe", what happens the other ten percent of the time then?

I have no problem with people believing sniping helps them, but it's just not true that you have to snipe to win.
    No, you don't have to snipe to win but you do if you want to win most of the time

All this talk about sniping reminds me of this pic (or one similar to it) that TheDirtyDigger once posted.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    All this talk about sniping reminds me of this pic (or one similar to it) that TheDirtyDigger once posted.
    Actually that's not a bad metaphor. A Seagull needs to be there the moment the chip is tossed in order to increase his chances of catching it. If he waits from a distance until the chip hits the ground and then walk over to it, chances are that some other seagull is going to get to it before he does.

So on Sunday 10 January I woke to discover that after a heap of rain overnight, the phoneline was dead.

Only today did they get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post

You know what i mean. Lets not get too techincal people!!