Page 461 of 481 FirstFirst ... 441451456457458459460461462463464465466471 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Had my tyre punctured by not one but TWO nails that were on the road

When I dropped it off for repair I was told, "That's a very expensive tyre."
    Yes, I know. I only bought it not that long ago, now I gotta pay to get it fixed. Yay.

Consider a cheaper brand tyre.

I don't mind paying for quality tyres since it's a safety issue - the lives of myself and my family on the road. Just sucks when I have to fix it because someone else didn't secure their stuff properly and dropped a bunch of nails and screws on the road.

So sick of watching TV shows with stupid flashback and/or dream scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't mind paying for quality tyres since it's a safety issue - the lives of myself and my family on the road. Just sucks when I have to fix it because someone else didn't secure their stuff properly and dropped a bunch of nails and screws on the road.
    Did they offer to replace the inner tube/repair the punctures or was the tire itself in such poor condition they had to replace that also?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I feel that. I got my current car 2.5 years ago now and at the time I put some pilot sport 3's on, not cheap at over $600 for all four, and yea, got a screw in one not long after. Puncture repair has held perfectly fine though even with all the abuse they get from my driving.

There's a tip that goes around, keep to the road where everyone else is driving, go on the parts where the majority of cars do not and you'll increase your nail / screw chances by a lot. But still, doesn't always work.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    There's a tip that goes around, keep to the road where everyone else is driving, go on the parts where the majority of cars do not and you'll increase your nail / screw chances by a lot. But still, doesn't always work.
    Heh, this is what I was doing anyway and I still copped it.
    Guess I took one for the "team"

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Heh, this is what I was doing anyway and I still copped it.
    Guess I took one for the "team"
    Yep, we both did.

I have another car related rant too, taking a bunch of recyclables to the depot I decide to just let a truck in on the highway on ramp because I tend to drive pretty chilled most of the time, my reward was a thrown rock that put a dint on the bonnet (I have a pdr kit and fixed it easily), but also chipped the windscreen. Got $16 for the recyclables and a chip repair kit at supercheap is twice that. Dammit. They offer a chip repair service too, you'd think it would be better, I had to get the girl there to repeat herself when she said it was $70 a chip for them to do it! Right now just living with it as it's just a little divot from the glass with no cracks.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Are you talking about that thing where they fill in the gap with some clear material that hardens up? Like on the old Windscreen O'Briens ads?

Had my tyre punctured by not one but TWO nails that were on the road

When I dropped it off for repair I was told, "That's a very expensive tyre."
    Yes, I know. I only bought it not that long ago, now I gotta pay to get it fixed. Yay.
    This reminds me of a story from a year or so back....

Had a truck roll over on an S-bend near our house. A few days later after the trucks removal I took the corner as I normally do. Seconds later a thump-thump-thump noise appears. Tec screw embedded in the back right tyre limp to work, replace with spare, note to self, get puncture repaired in next few days.

Next day, go out for late night shopping, stop off for pizza after, driving to pizza place through back of carpark, thump-thump-thump noise appears again. Unbelievably, ANOTHER tec screw in a tyre. The SPARE i had JUST replaced the day before!!

With no useable spare and little options (and the screw not being as embedded) decided to risk pulling it out and seeing how we went. I have big A/T 4x4 tyres so this one didn't end up penetrating and was useable for some time until both tyres could get repaired.

You wouldn't read about it would you!