Page 462 of 481 FirstFirst ... 442452457458459460461462463464465466467472 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

you might think so, but I just did...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Are you talking about that thing where they fill in the gap with some clear material that hardens up? Like on the old Windscreen O'Briens ads?
    I'd say it would be. I think they're all resin based repairs now.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

My car's computer informs me whenever there's a puncture. I didn't get to the thump thump stage as the nails were still plugging the holes... of sorts. Given enough time I'm sure that my tyre would've deflated to the point of thump thump. But I changed to my spare tyre as soon as the alert came on my dashboard and then took the tyre to be repaired the next day.

Then the annoying thing was to figure out how disable the tyre pressure alert on my car. I've done it once before but I couldn't for the life of me remember how to do it again. Heck, even right now I probably couldn't do it again. It's not something I exactly do frequently enough to remember off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I'd say it would be. I think they're all resin based repairs now.
    And that costs $75 per chip?!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My car's computer informs me whenever there's a puncture. I didn't get to the thump thump stage as the nails were still plugging the holes... of sorts. Given enough time I'm sure that my tyre would've deflated to the point of thump thump. But I changed to my spare tyre as soon as the alert came on my dashboard and then took the tyre to be repaired the next day.

Then the annoying thing was to figure out how disable the tyre pressure alert on my car. I've done it once before but I couldn't for the life of me remember how to do it again. Heck, even right now I probably couldn't do it again. It's not something I exactly do frequently enough to remember off the top of my head.

And that costs $75 per chip?!
    I've got the sort of automatic thing that I look at my tyres before taking off so noticed one was down. Just drove it straight to the tyre place.

Apparently it is $70 per chip for supercheap to do. At first I thought she said $17, I'm like, ok what was that again? $70! I was expecting more like $10 as one would assume they'd use their kits which are good for a number of repairs. Anyway, had a quick look on ebay just before, pretty cheap one time kits for about the $5 mark.

Have a look in the glove compartment in your car, there's a book in there that most people either don't know about or just forget about that contains all the information you should need on resetting that alert. Not meaning to sound rude, it's just when I was at a car dealer, the amount of times people came back with stuff that could be solved back at their own place by reading the manual and not waste theirs and our time was, well, all the time. That was just a bit of a vent, but not at you.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Oh, I have looked through my handbook. It was about as useful as farting on a cyclone.

Automatic pressure sensors in cars? You guys got some sort of cybertronian tech in there??

If by Cybertron you mean Germany, then yeah.

School’s been back, what, 2-3 weeks? My kid’s already lost 2 jumpers, both labeled, both left at school and vanished.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    School’s been back, what, 2-3 weeks? My kid’s already lost 2 jumpers, both labeled, both left at school and vanished.
    Lost or nicked? It happens. Ya get the rough-nut families trawl the schoolgrounds after hours sometimes. You can often tell because suddenly their kid is wearing new uniform with the tags inside the collar cut off

At a Special School I worked at in Melb one family gave me the shits. They never sent their kid in any spare clothes, so when they messed themselves we would send them home in spares. Not only would they never return them, but their kid would turn up at school weeks later actually wearing them

My work is driving me nucking futs at the moment. Factories that don't want to help you resolve issues and things are being built cheaply.... Sometimes I just want to go back to being an on the road technician.