Page 46 of 481 FirstFirst ... 263641424344454647484950515666 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    tafe starts next week bleh
    Tafe and no mortgage, whats to complain about

Angry

Stupid Frikking Computer!!! For the past 2 days its been getitng slower... and slower... and slower... Now half of it just doesnt work, Photoshop Crashes and wont open, Corel Video lags so badly it just crashes, MSIE Hangs when opening, Closing, changing links ect. Opening folders takes forever...
    Ive scanned it 4 times for viruses & spyware... nothing. Defraged it, emptied the recycle bin, done a disk clean up, uninstalled all toolbars and widgets and other junk and i STILL cant find why its being a laggy little glitch.... grrrrr Frustrating!!!

(Edit: Its dicided its not going to run a technical complicated program now... MS... PAINT )
    Last edited by Maxiewolf; 6th February 2010 at 11:22 PM.

time for a reformat me thinks

And yet another dodgy from Ebay

I bough this item a couple of weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=230423624714

It arrived today and it seems that 'minor playwear' to the seller means a broken head with a missing antenna and badly done custom painted red eyes

The Targetmaster is also severely discolored but I was willing to forgive that until I found other massive issues with the Misfire body.

So pissed off since I paid premium for what it was supposed to be a reasonably good condition toy.

I have requested a refund. The worse thing is that I also bought Triggerhappy from this guy at the same time. There was a delay and he has only recently sent it. I am afraid of what will actually arrive.

http://kupscigar.com/misc/09112010034.jpg

http://kupscigar.com/misc/09112010039.jpg
    Last edited by kup; 9th February 2010 at 11:11 AM.

Sorry to hear about that, Kup, although I am confident you will get a refund. I bought a (pictured to be) minty original G1 Rumble off him and what arrived was anything but. Requested a refund and got it within a few days so while it's bloody annoying I'd be suprised if you didn't get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Sorry to hear about that, Kup, although I am confident you will get a refund. I bought a (pictured to be) minty original G1 Rumble off him and what arrived was anything but. Requested a refund and got it within a few days so while it's bloody annoying I'd be suprised if you didn't get your money back.
    He answered back offering a refund of $30. I told him that it's only fair if he refunds me at least $50 to cover for a loose Misfire body (That is actually less than the cheapest one on ebay ATM). He retains over $70 which is certainly a lot more than the worth of the junker he sent me.

The problem with a full refund is that I will be loosing about $30 if I return it due to shipping costs covered on my end and the currency exchange. This is why I get specially angry at dodgy people from over there.

Last edited by kup; 10th February 2010 at 01:35 AM.

FedEx is a joke...I paid $70 shipping to get an overseas item delivered on time for my girlfriends birthday which is tomorrow. It arrived on Monday but as I was at work they couldn't make the delivery. So I called up Monday evening and said when I'd be available on Wednesday for them to make the delivery (today). Just incase they came when I wouldn't be around (which of course was the time they attempted delivery) I left the provided slip in the mailbox advising them to leave the item at my front foor if I'm not around. Of course they've totally ignored this slip and chucked in a second one saying 'Sorry, couldn't make the delivery', I didn't even get a phone call (what exactly is the point in giving them this info over the phone when arranging a time for them to make the delivery??). They said they'd try to deliver it again today but no promises...F**k me dead, what a useless company.

Takara used FedEx to ship my MP Convoy spare parts to me - they were pretty darn good. <shrug>

Today some young dude (oily face covered in acne) came up to me -- whistled loudly to get my attention. Despite being fully grown (heightwise) he was riding on a kid's BMX bike... I suspect it's his childhood bike. What is it with grown men who ride kids bikes?!? It looks so stupid... like as if they can't afford to get an adults bike. <sigh> Anyway, so he rides up to me with a ciggie in hand and asks me for money...

...didn't really offer any particular reason (like needing food, water, money for transport etc.) - just asked for money. At this point I'm looking at him and I can't help but suspect that he's just trying to bum money off me to buy more smokes or alcohol (or drugs), and I really don't feel like parting with my hard earned money to strangers for no good (unessential) reason. So I told him that I didn't have any cash on me.

<sigh> The truth is that I did have cash, but I was on my way to buy nappies and I only had enough cash on me for that. So I told a white lie just to get him off my back, although it's not something I usually do.

Usually when a stranger asks me for money I ask them why. If they tell me that they're hungry then I'll buy them some food. If they're thirsty then I'll buy them a bottle of water. If they want a train/bus ticket then I'll buy them a ticket. I will NOT give them cash. The genuine ones are grateful and thank me, and the non-genuine ones decline my offer and move off. But as I said, I was only carrying enough money on me to buy nappies, and quite frankly I just wasn't in the mood considering that I was on my way home from work. I must confess that a voice inside my head just wanted to yell to this guy, "GET A JOB!"

After I said no to him he rides his bike inside the shopping centre... rides past several other people and at no point does he stop to ask anyone else for money. So I'm thinking gee... he can't be that desperate.

I'm sorry if my actions sound heartless, but I was tired - and most importantly I actually _couldn't_ spare the cash. IMO my child's need for nappies supercede a stranger's random need for cash.

Given your description of the guy, it was not heartless. He was very unlikely to use it for food or some other necesity.

In a sense the white lie may not be a lie at all but can be interpreted as truth. You said you didn't have any money to give him because in reality you had none to spare.

Remember a couple Fairs ago at Parramatta when that fat lady bum came to me and begged for money because she was thirsty? I offered to buy her a bottle of water and walked with her to the nearest shop to buy it but when I asked the shop lady for a bottle of water, the bum said that she didn't like water and prefered a high energy drink instead. If she were really thirsty she would have been grateful for anything she could drink.

From then on I have ignored her when she begs me for money with thirs or hunger as the excuse because I know that she doesn't really need it and is all a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Today some young dude (oily face covered in acne) came up to me -- whistled loudly to get my attention. Despite being fully grown (heightwise) he was riding on a kid's BMX bike... I suspect it's his childhood bike. What is it with grown men who ride kids bikes?!? It looks so stupid... like as if they can't afford to get an adults bike. <sigh> Anyway, so he rides up to me with a ciggie in hand and asks me for money...

...didn't really offer any particular reason (like needing food, water, money for transport etc.) - just asked for money. At this point I'm looking at him and I can't help but suspect that he's just trying to bum money off me to buy more smokes or alcohol (or drugs), and I really don't feel like parting with my hard earned money to strangers for no good (unessential) reason. So I told him that I didn't have any cash on me.

<sigh> The truth is that I did have cash, but I was on my way to buy nappies and I only had enough cash on me for that. So I told a white lie just to get him off my back, although it's not something I usually do.

Usually when a stranger asks me for money I ask them why. If they tell me that they're hungry then I'll buy them some food. If they're thirsty then I'll buy them a bottle of water. If they want a train/bus ticket then I'll buy them a ticket. I will NOT give them cash. The genuine ones are grateful and thank me, and the non-genuine ones decline my offer and move off. But as I said, I was only carrying enough money on me to buy nappies, and quite frankly I just wasn't in the mood considering that I was on my way home from work. I must confess that a voice inside my head just wanted to yell to this guy, "GET A JOB!"

After I said no to him he rides his bike inside the shopping centre... rides past several other people and at no point does he stop to ask anyone else for money. So I'm thinking gee... he can't be that desperate.

I'm sorry if my actions sound heartless, but I was tired - and most importantly I actually _couldn't_ spare the cash. IMO my child's need for nappies supercede a stranger's random need for cash.
    You did the right thing. Though if you had some spare cash, you should have bought him some antiseptic wipes