Page 470 of 481 FirstFirst ... 450460465466467468469470471472473474475480 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Guh, I feel your pain as we used to have a neighbour with a non-stop barking dog who would go nuts when there was no-one at home.

I'm not sure what legally permissible options you have to make the dog stop now. I think the next best thing you can do is to keep accurate and diligent records. Make a noise diary and note each time the dog starts and stops barking. Contact your council and get them to begin an investigation. Maaaybe contact the RSPCA and tell them that you suspect that there's a neglected dog and you're concerned about its welfare? <shrugs>

They finally got home at 12:45am.

We had people living there a few years ago with a Labrador that did the same thing but outside and when we were trying to get our babies to sleep. Before these people we had a baby that would fire up every now and then but at least he would stop in a few minutes when the parents got to him. I would feel more sorry for them and thank god ours were not babies any more.

WHY DO (some) PEOPLE TALK DURING MOVIES?!?
    (other than because they're selfish buttholes)

Gggrrr... last two times I was in a movie there were idiots talking, including Rise of Skywalker. The guy sitting next to me even went, "That's (Name of a Planet)," and I shushed him. As in, "NO POO, SHERLOCK!" We're not freaking blind and we don't need a running audio commentary.

There was also someone who brought a BABY into the movie who was screaming no fewer than five times. It was around the third time that the parents decided to take the baby outside... for a bit, before coming back in and the baby would scream again. STOP IT!

If a person cannot be quiet during a movie then they're not ready to be in a cinema!
    It's simple. I'm a parent too and until my kid was old enough to sit quietly throughout the entire duration of a movie, we did NOT bring her to a regular cinema. We either took her to the drive-in (so nobody outside our car could hear her making a fuss) or we just waited for the movie to come out on DVD. Yeah it was an inconvenience for us, but we weren't going to inconvenience hundreds of other cinema goers by making them suffer through her crying etc. just for our sake. That would be, oh I don't know, incredibly selfish? I understand that it's not always possible to find a babysitter... but at the same time, you don't have to watch a movie in cinemas. Or if you really, REALLY wanted to see it that badly, you'd arrange for a babysitter weeks or months in advance. If not, then you probably didn't want to see it that badly.

Ggrrrr... shut uppity up up uppity up!

Check with council what their rules are regarding dog barking noise as definitions are different from council to council.

In our area the rule is barking for more than 6 minutes non-stop or over 30 barks in one hit are considered excessive/reportable and continuous barking over 30 minutes can result in removal.
    I have a dog and our neighbours on one side hate him (and made sure to tell us that the first day he came home as a puppy) even though he generally only barks when people come on the property or muck around near the fence when he's outside. Our dog is a territorial barker (a trait of shepherds) so he goes nuts at strangers but is a big softie if you meet him on the street or at a park.
    If our dog barked more than about 2 minutes my neighbours would call council on us as they HATE dogs. There are two who keep asking us when the dog will be leaving not because he barks to excess but because they don't like dogs being on our street.

We purposely attempt to keep him quiet - he is never outside unsupervised... and while we are out he is secure indoors with cameras on him so we can ensure he isn't distressed or causing problems.
    Have you asked the owners if they know their dog barks non-stop while they are out? They may be oblivious. If my dog was barking and I wasn't aware I would want to know - that's the reason we have cameras to check ours isn't getting distressed or teased, etc.
    Having said that if the owners are just fobbing off their responsibilities and don't care then you definitely need to let someone know.
    I wouldn't want a dog next to me barking non-stop with unconcerned owners either which is why we are so conscious of our own pup.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Gggrrr... last two times I was in a movie there were idiots talking, including Rise of Skywalker. The guy sitting next to me even went, "That's (Name of a Planet)," and I shushed him. As in, "NO POO, SHERLOCK!" We're not freaking blind and we don't need a running audio commentary.

There was also someone who brought a BABY into the movie who was screaming no fewer than five times. It was around the third time that the parents decided to take the baby outside... for a bit, before coming back in and the baby would scream again. STOP IT!

If a person cannot be quiet during a movie then they're not ready to be in a cinema!
    It's simple. I'm a parent too and until my kid was old enough to sit quietly throughout the entire duration of a movie, we did NOT bring her to a regular cinema. We either took her to the drive-in (so nobody outside our car could hear her making a fuss) or we just waited for the movie to come out on DVD. Yeah it was an inconvenience for us, but we weren't going to inconvenience hundreds of other cinema goers by making them suffer through her crying etc. just for our sake. That would be, oh I don't know, incredibly selfish? I understand that it's not always possible to find a babysitter... but at the same time, you don't have to watch a movie in cinemas. Or if you really, REALLY wanted to see it that badly, you'd arrange for a babysitter weeks or months in advance. If not, then you probably didn't want to see it that badly.

Was this at Top Ryde?
    We refuse to go to those cinemas now as this has happened to us EVERY time we've gone there and ruined the experience.
    We go further afield to Chatswood as we have never had problems with the films being interrupted there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Was this at Top Ryde?
    We refuse to go to those cinemas now as this has happened to us EVERY time we've gone there and ruined the experience.
    We go further afield to Chatswood as we have never had problems with the films being interrupted there.
    Top Ryde and Castle Hill.

Speaking of cinema - and I acknowledge it's kind of me versus the world on this one, but sometimes you've just gotta decide yep, this is the hill I'm dying on - I saw Cats yesterday, and absolutely (unironically) loved it.

In the interests of fairness, I have always preferred the Broadway version of Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer, and they used the London version, but it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

If I go out somewhere and there is a screaming kid, I’m just happy it’s not mine. That simple mindset has allowed me to tolerate a lot when I’m out and about.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    If I go out somewhere and there is a screaming kid, I’m just happy it’s not mine. That simple mindset has allowed me to tolerate a lot when I’m out and about.
    Yeah I know what you mean! I guess before I had kids it would grind my gears more than it does now. I normally just feel bad for the parents as most of the time you can tell they are trying everything to calm them down. Sometimes kids just go off for no reason.

Back on the movies point, well I guess it depends on the time of day. If you don't want to risk a baby or young child in the cinema, don't got to the movies before 4pm. Safe bet you won't see a young kid or baby after that time. If you go to a sitting between 10am and 12pm, you are almost guarnateed to have young kids in the cinema.

Nah, people just need to learn to shut the phuck up during a movie.
    Sit there like a statue. Eat your popcorn. Have a drink. I'm not paying money to listen to your shit of a kid cry or your thoughts during a movie.