Page 476 of 481 FirstFirst ... 456466471472473474475476477478479480 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

20 years is a damn good run. Sad to lose a pet, I care more about animals more than humans.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    We gave our cat of 20 years his wings today, he'll be missed.
    Condolences.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    20 years is a damn good run. Sad to lose a pet, I care more about animals more than humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Wow. 20 years was a good age. Always a tough time to lose a 4 legged family member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Condolences.
    Thanks everyone, he was a fluffy black and white cat who was shy but friendly and loved his belly being rubbed. I buried him in the backyard and we're going to buy a plant as a memorial.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just be aware that if this thing gathers steam, it's not manga that's issue it's what the gov't will try to sneak past the Senate.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

When people stand uncomfortably close to you in the register line.
    You move along a bit to give yourself a little room ...
    And they step closer? What is their problem? Grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    When people stand uncomfortably close to you in the register line.
    You move along a bit to give yourself a little room ...
    And they step closer? What is their problem? Grrrr
    Fart in their general direction.

Wait and now there is more!
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...rines/12026180
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...anime/12012522

I can say I feel bad for the official who has figurines in his office. One is described as scantily clad. I'm really curious about which figure caused offense, and what the other figures were. Just gonna come out and say it though, personally I think they are bullying and shaming him. If he has a bunch of sexy female figures, even if its just a style or fully wearing clothes, people are gonna freak out causes he is a male. Oh I don't know the full story, but I know from past experience at work I have had other team mates joke about collecting toys. It has been quite embarrassing at times, but I never actually bring them to work with me. Anyway been an adult toy and figure collector, there are always a bunch of people who are gonna think its strange, in fact its going to be alien to some people. Depends on where you work, will determine if its work appropriate. For example if you are in a creative industry, I would think it should be part of the work space.

Just a final note, I think the said official is very foolish. If your male and you have female anime figures in your office, your gonna piss off someone. People are gonna freak out if your a grown man and collect dolls! everyone sees differently though a different lens. Not judging, just saying

I also agree that the official should not have bought those figures to work since it is still somewhat of a stigma (which is slowly turning, Lego seems to be widely accepted now). No matter what, someone will probably be offended by those figures, especially without context.

If the review on the classifications guidelines end up banning those works from sale, it doesn't actually stop consumption of it. Manga and anime has widely been available online (official or otherwise), and this will not stop. People will use VPNs to avoid being caught or get around censors. I'm not saying that there is nothing wrong right now, but it feels like a knee-jerk misguided and biased view from a politician.

This feels exactly like that first wave of banned sites that ISPs were forced to do last year. The next day, people were already finding ways to get around it and it felt like such a waste of money.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    Wait and now there is more!
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...rines/12026180

I can say I feel bad for the official who has figurines in his office. One is described as scantily clad. I'm really curious about which figure caused offense, and what the other figures were.
    I found another article regarding the figurines. The article was produced around the same time, and mentions the figures were in fact not Anime at all! they were a collection of DC and Marvel figures based on the movie characters. The offending figure was Harley Quinn in shorts, also there was a shirtless Jared Leto figure! What a joke. So the ABC left out the info about the figures on purpose, so that they could push Anti-Anime agenda. Also as mentioned in this article, there was also a one stage, a big cardboard cut out of Donald Trump! I'm sure some will not approve, but I'll make the crack, Make Anime Great Again !

https://www.afr.com/rear-window/trib...0200305-p5472i