Page 9 of 481 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Never thought Id need to vent but I think I just lost US$100 . I aid thru paypal and its already was past the 45 days dispute window, aaaaaargh. I ordered for 4 Alex Milne lithographs from TFCON - Cybertron Canada all is well they communicated with me and all that when I asked how long will it take - Answered back (email) 4-6 weeks..... So i waited - this was in May first week, Its now July for pete's sake. Emailed them back on the sixth week stating the items are a no show. They emailed back to say if the items dont show by end of week email back so they can re-send a new one. Which I did. its been 4 days now and havent heard a reply. I filed a Paypal dispute - of course they cant do anything anymore about it ( but they said still file a claim coz they have to monitor this user - yeah right) im guessing they would not reply to me anymore since I filed a Paypal dispute but hey Ive been very amicable, patient and courteous all the time, so have they in their email replies but this is ridiculous and loosing $134 is no laughing matter to be taken lightly, I freakin work hard just to earn that money, I could've just bought something else with it. Well Im still hoping somehow the posters magically arrive one day. If not, freakiin hell I 'll advice everyone to stay clear of Cybertron Ca then for anymore offers. ... hate to put labels and say it but what a rip-off!!
    hey liege... before making the WA group order for the lithos, i suspected that there would be issues with canada post so i emailed them and asked for an invoice to including registered post with tracking.....That was back in May.... still havent heard back from them to this day....luckily i didnt lose any money cos they didnt even send me an invoice, but man... what a bunch of losers...

Does anyone know if lintharts group order got through?? perhaps you can share notes..

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have been experiencing dodgy neighbors too
    Its too bad that i cant post any illegal activity that could be incriminating, but man, if i was in your shoes, i'd f*ck them all up big time....there a so many ways to get them to go...
    It'd be war!!!
    ever thought of going down that route kup?? cos sometimes, these kn0b heads need a lesson...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Man you guys sure are a f***ing whiny bunch.
    theres always gotta be one that ruins the party....
    This is a venting thread after all isnt it? if they cant vent here then where can they?
    unless you are venting yourself about other people venting?? lol...

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    unless you are venting yourself about other people venting?? lol...
    Uh yeah. That's what I was doing sure....

Freaking venters always freaking venting the up the freaking place.

I never come in this thread, but was incredibly bored just now. I'm glad I did.

Regarding TFCon Litho (which i think is worthy of its own thread in a TF section), I have tried to write them a few times as well with no response and have been following a TFW thread here. That thread mentions a topic at cybertron.ca where a mod closed the topic saying to stop complaining, and that TFCon are volunteers and to wait the estimated time we were told. Of course, no one is aware of any estimate.

I ordered before Linthart put together his group order and I also have missed the 45 day dispute window. However, I ALWAYS try to fund PayPal transactions with my credit card (visa debit really), which I thankfully did, meaning I have an 18 month window and the dispute will be handled by my bank, which is much more favorable to me than PayPal is anyway. Hopefully, everyone else funded their transaction similarly.

If in fact they are pulling a fast one, I find it incredibly ironic and extremely disgraceful that they announced this offer in the same paragraph as the one they called out Fans Project for deceiving them and their attendees.

Even if they have/are not pulling a fast one, their communication with their customers has been abhorrent.

TF Con... how appropriately named!

Everyone on OTCA should show their support by not attending again next year!

------

Seriously tho it often takes 12 to 16 weeks for stuff shipped by land from the Torronto area to reach Australia. Something about shipping across the Great Lakes into the USA causes a huge delay. That's what a cousin in Canada told me anyway... and I've had a few items take that long from there. Canada Post's shipping times will tell you a similar story too.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Yeah my Paypal is taken directly from my Visa Debit account. BUt when I did put up a dispute on Paypal - I got an automated reply page saying something to this effect ... Unfortunately there is nothing they can do about it but thanks for sharing this info re: these paypal user sellers, as they are taking tabs on faulty paypal users so we have to report them in, have a nice day . So, I dunno what the bank can basically do on that. I have received and saved email response from them saying to expect it in 4-6 weeks, which is why I waited, and when the 7th week came I emailed them and they responded stating if i dont receive it by end of that week email them again so they can send a replacement shipment... which I did, and well since then havent received any reply email. I even asked them in another email if they can send ( the second parcel) it registered post and Im willing to pay for it so at least it has a tracking. Still got no reply, thats when I went to do a paypal dispute , which ... please refer to first part of this paragraph....

And I have a very valid vent here ya know, it's still TF related and worth $134 freaking hard earned cash down the drain.....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Are fund taken from your "visa debit account" taken via "Credit Card" or "Bank Transfer"? It makes all the difference in the world. If by "Credit Card", you can use your bank's dispute system. Forget PayPal.

As a question, how does one go about raising a complaint with the bank? I've never tried it myself and the one time I almost did the bank teller wasn't off much use.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    As a question, how does one go about raising a complaint with the bank? I've never tried it myself and the one time I almost did the bank teller wasn't off much use.
    call up and speak to the branch manager i would think

A chargeback, also known as a reversal, occurs when a buyer asks a credit card company to reverse a transaction that has already cleared. A buyer may file a chargeback with his/her card issuer based on credit card association regulations and timeframes.

Although a chargeback may appear similar to a PayPal claim, it’s actually a process that is granted to a cardholder by their credit card company and initiated outside of PayPal. In a dispute over a chargeback, the decision is ultimately made by the credit card company and PayPal can’t control the outcome.
    Two common reasons for reversals or chargebacks are:

• A buyer’s credit card number is stolen and used fraudulently.
    • A buyer makes a purchase, but believes that the seller failed to fulfill their side of the agreement (for example, they did not ship the item, shipped an item that was very different from the seller's description, or the item was damaged when the buyer received it).

All sellers who accept credit card payments run the risk of being liable for chargebacks. Chargebacks are among the unfortunate costs of doing business. Many sellers factor this cost into their business risk model.

Personal comment: This is one of the reasons why some sellers only ship to Confirmed Addresses (to help mitigate risk relating to stolen cards).

Note: Aussies cannot have confirmed paypal addresses due to our privacy laws. We can only attain a verified status.

Neila, as J said. Ring up ya bank. Tell them to reverse the transaction. The money is yours.
    Last edited by jgon2098; 20th July 2009 at 11:36 PM.

Perfect description jgon.

Most of the local banks refer to it as a Disputed Transaction if you search their sites. Many banks have a PDF form for you to fill out and send in. I grabbed these links a while ago for someone else. Not sure if they're still current:

NAB: http://www.nab.com.au/vgnmedia/downl...ransaction.pdf
    Bendigo: https://www.bendigobank.com.au/publi...ransaction.asp
    ANZ: http://www.anz.com/documents/AU/Pers...spute_Form.pdf
    Westpac and Commonwealth: Couldn't find the form on their site, so call them

Based on Tober's words, I'm going to give it a bit more time. I've validated that my bank at the time, Bendigo, gives up to 14 or 16 months to initiate a chargeback, so a few more weeks won't hurt. Find out what your own bank's limits are.
    Last edited by jaydisc; 21st July 2009 at 12:30 AM.