Thread: I need to vent!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think if you are willing to give up on the hobby in the short term, you will gain much more in the longterm. Several years back I sold 75% of my collection (TFs, Macross, Gundams etc....) to get a deposit for an investment property. And now 7 years later, the money I make from it goes towards paying it off and allows me a little extra to pay for my hobby now. Short term loss, long term gains.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I think if you are willing to give up on the hobby in the short term, you will gain much more in the longterm. Several years back I sold 75% of my collection (TFs, Macross, Gundams etc....) to get a deposit for an investment property. And now 7 years later, the money I make from it goes towards paying it off and allows me a little extra to pay for my hobby now. Short term loss, long term gains.

This is what i was thinking. The property is relatively cheap compared to most but on the same token im a low income earner with 4 kids. So its a pretty big deal which i hope will benefit me in the long term.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Get them to throw that in! That's an excellent TF sighting!

I'm in the potential apartment buyer category too. It's not really a vent thing though, it's something it seems worthy of discussing in it's own thread perhaps.
    It is indeed a great sighting. But unfortunately the apartment itself ain't that great

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Now that does give hope! Just hope that the apartment I buy will one day become a good investment...

I don't think its worth starting a new thread. So I'm gonna continue venting here.... Its very frustrating that there is hardly anything decent out there atm. There just seems to be a mass of crappy apartments that have been on the market for way too long. And what makes it even more frustrating is that when a nice one comes into the market you get these impulse buyers who think more with their heart then their head and they offer way more then its worth and they make it way to easy for the real estate agents. They think that just coz they've got the 1st home buyers grant they have more to spend or they can borrow more. Its ridiculous! Don't even get me started with the chinese international students who have craploads of money from their rich parents overseas and for whom price doesn't matter.
    Last edited by sanbot; 29th July 2009 at 09:32 AM.