Page 480 of 481 FirstFirst ... 460470475476477478479480481 LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Just got a notification that a parcel had been delivered went to check and it's been stolen, well good luck to the A Hole who took two 1kg rolls of PLA+, I've put through a claim but I have to wait a fortnight to put that order through again.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Just got a notification that a parcel had been delivered went to check and it's been stolen, well good luck to the A Hole who took two 1kg rolls of PLA+, I've put through a claim but I have to wait a fortnight to put that order through again.
    I've recently noticed that PLA+ looks like something strong enough to garrot a-holes.

Screw Telstra!

Not only have they decided that only one person in my family can purchase devices now, despite us wanting everyone to manage their own stuff. They also told me they are ending post-paid billing for all customers and changing everyone over to a "Netflix" style payment model that requires people to pay upfront with credit cards.

Needless to say, it has gone down poorly for us. Now we are going to have to separate everyone's stuff onto different accounts and get certain older people to understand they can't go to the post office and pay the phone bill in cash anymore. Grrrrrrr.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Gotta love it when other drivers don't indicate but get mad at me when they cut me off.

Yes. Totally my fault for not being a mind-reader. Indicating's for losers!

A driver raged at me today because I stopped and gave way to a bus in front of me had started indicating to pull out from a bus stop. Despite the fact that, under NSW road rules, drivers must yield to buses that are entering or changing lanes. The driver followed me and continued raging until eventually turning off down a different street.

Quote Originally Posted by NSW Road Rules
    REG 77

(1) A driver driving on a length of road in a built-up area, in the left lane or left line of traffic, must give way to a bus in front of the driver if:
    • (a) the bus has stopped, or is moving slowly, at the far left side of the road, on a shoulder of the road, or in a bus-stop bay, and

• (b) the bus displays a give way to buses sign and the right direction indicator lights of the bus are operating, and

• (c) the bus is about to enter or proceed in the lane or line of traffic in which the driver is driving.
    Yeah, how dare I obey road rules.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    A driver raged at me today because I stopped and gave way to a bus in front of me had started indicating to pull out from a bus stop.
    Very frustrating, especially when you're following the rules. That driver probably goes crazy when others slow down through roadworks.

More motoring fun...

This morning a ute exited a driveway and cut me off as it entered the road without giving way, forcing me to apply my brakes. I flashed my highbeams as a warning as I approached the vehicle, but the driver was in no hurry and continued to just slowly and casually pull out in front of me. The driver then beeped his horn at me and gave me the finger.

Later I was pulling over to the roadside to drop my daughter off at school. Just a regular residential street; wasn't in a No Stopping zone or anything, and I used by indicators nice and early to let other drivers know that I was pulling over. The car behind me decided to tailgate me and when I stopped, he was too close to me to easily overtake. He squeezed his car past the back of mine and then slammed on his accelerator and sped off. In a 40km/h school zone. Naturally there were no cops around to witness this. This was a school zone... there are school kids walking around everywhere, but the driver decided to get mad because I dropped my daughter off at school in a school zone?! I do this drop off every morning. I always indicate and there's plenty of room to my right for cars (and buses and trucks) to pass by. This dude was in a sedan.

My local Toys R Us is basically shutting down, going to a 'stall'-type arrangement with limited stock. I didn't really go there much but it was nice to have the option, plus it was pretty good about the Generations Selects stuff.
    Now it'll be a whole trip to go to an in-person store, and TBH I'll probably just order online and/or hit up the shops in Kowloon.

For work I am part of a share car rental thingo, and I need to grab a car for Monday. I have used the rental car so much that I can get nicer cars at the lowest rate, so I've been eyeing a car near my house that I'd like to drive, but it's marked for maintenance indefinitely it seems. I'm so sad. First world problems hey?

The good about about the share rental thing is there is a good variety of cars, so I've been trying out various cars to find out if I would like to buy one or not. So far I've discovered that I don't like the boxy ones. Sure they are spacious inside, but they are yucky to drive. The Solio is particularly yuck. Currently the one I like to drive the most has the interior designed in ways I do not like; mainly in regards to cup holder placement. Again, first world problems. But I mean, seriously, why would you put the cup holder right in front of the vent like that? You'll end up chilling your hot drink if you do that. On the plus side, I guess it could keep a cold drink cool? But I'll rarely drive with anything other than a hot coffee in there, so my scorn remains!

I find driving in New Zealand to be similar to driving in Japan. Lots of really narrow roads! It freaked me out when I drove in Japan, but prepared me like a boss for driving in NZ. I suppose the reverse* would be true if you've ever driven in NZ.

*car pun not intended, but I'll take it.