Page 474 of 481 FirstFirst ... 454464469470471472473474475476477478479 ... LastLast
Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Rolled my ankle whilst going for a walk this morning. Didn’t hurt until I got home and sat down. Now bed ridden for the day because people don’t mow their verges.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    When all is said and done, the politicians will still be playing their games & laughing all the way with the docile public.
    Unless there's a massive social change, I don't see anything changing in the foreseeable future.
    Write to your local MP, sounds trite but it works.

The part about Scumo donating a single pithy shopping bag of goods reminds me of when Mr. Burns visited Homer Simpson's house with a teeny bag of chips to share around.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    She does realise that RFS funding comes from the State Government doesn't she?
    So in what is up there as the most ferocious bushfire season in Australian history, the federal government doesn’t have to step up?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I feel so bad that it was my state that won the election for Morrisson. I actually feel personally responsible for this mess even though I voted for Shorten and his Green friends. /cry

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I feel so bad that it was my state that won the election for Morrisson. I actually feel personally responsible for this mess even though I voted for Shorten and his Green friends. /cry
    Should feel bad, you voted for the cause of the extra destructive fires. Greens. Shorten should be in jail for union theft.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    So in what is up there as the most ferocious bushfire season in Australian history, the federal government doesn’t have to step up?
    Federal government and an additional 11million not enough? Bet you never even heard of this. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...boost/11790862 RFS is a state issue. Qld premier didn't leave her cruise ship to come back. Bet you didn't hear about that. This whole thread is just mindless msm regurgitation.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Should feel bad, you voted for the cause of the extra destructive fires. Greens. Shorten should be in jail for union theft.
    The fire services themselves have come out and said it wasn't the Greens - who, you know, aren't actually the government, and so can't actually make the laws - who stopped them from doing preventative burning, it was because climate change has reduced the window of time where it's actually safe to do backburning so much that they just can't do it safely on any significant scale. Plus the Greens' own policy specifically supports controlled burning as a preventative measure.
    'It's the Green's fault!' is literally the mindless msm regurgitation you were just complaining about.

And no, an additional once-off $11 million ISN'T enough - that's what the firies were saying too. It's like, 4 extra water bombers. This is a national emergency - the Federal government is allowed, even expected to step up and actually do something. Not just something, either - Whatever It Takes. That's basically WHY they still have ~80% of revenue collection powers even though the States have responsibility for funding schools, health, emergency powers etc...it's a leftover emergency arrangement from WW2 when the Federal govt took over the bulk of revenue collection to fund the war effort, and then decided they liked having control over the purse strings afterwards so the arrangement was never rescinded.

I'm just gonna leave this here for anyone who mistakenly believes it was the Greens and not climate change that is the cause for what is happening right now. The government has been warned about this numerous times for decades.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Bloody hell - when will this crap end?! Even the barber I went to today was spouting it, though since she had a razor to my throat at the time I didn’t correct her.

Look at it this way. Alan Jones HATES the Greens - despises them! And even HE has said that it was the government and not The Greens fault.

Greens aren’t in power and have zero control over the backburning laws. Greens have had the same PRO-sustainable backburning policy unchanged since 2013 that you can read on their website.

Give me a shred of proof it was The Greens. And save posting that pic of that one group of nutters that were protesting one backburn back in October - none of them are Greens candidates or were remotely representing that political party.