Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
Bloody hell - when will this crap end?! Even the barber I went to today was spouting it, though since she had a razor to my throat at the time I didn’t correct her.

Look at it this way. Alan Jones HATES the Greens - despises them! And even HE has said that it was the government and not The Greens fault.

Greens aren’t in power and have zero control over the backburning laws. Greens have had the same PRO-sustainable backburning policy unchanged since 2013 that you can read on their website.

Give me a shred of proof it was The Greens. And save posting that pic of that one group of nutters that were protesting one backburn back in October - none of them are Greens candidates or were remotely representing that political party.
I'm also anti-Greens for a lot of issues, and I was ready to parrot the "Greens prevented backburning" line until I did some research and couldn't find anything to support it. So credit where it is due, the Greens had absolutely nothing to do with what is going on now, but they have been on the side of science trying to warn the government what would happen if they ignored climate change and now here we are. Fun....