Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G.I.Joe

That 25th Anniversay Firefly is a pretty cool looking package and I hope that Hasbro has big plans for the 25th TF anniversary next year (although Encore has a similar feel and Classics is a similar idea).

Firefly is a pretty cool looking package and I hope that Hasbro has big plans for the 25th TF anniversary next year
    Me to, the Gi Joe 25th anniversary line has set the bar pretty high, 6 waves so far, and while there have been plenty of re-paints, or same sculpt with a new head the repaints actualy reflect the original line, or match chracters from the comic or show. While I'm sure it costs a lot less to develop a Gijoe sculpt than it does a TF, I hope Hasbro lift thier game next year, the Univserse/Classics are a good start but they still seem to be making some poor choices (white Powerglide).

Firefly again

Same sculpt, different head, accesories and paintjob = Beach head.

Since this is about Joes I have a question for those who do collect them. What do you use to replace the O ring in the old joe figs? I have about oh - 40+ figs ( back in Phils) , mostly Cobra ( luv em more) but some of the figs are suffering from cracking O rings... I dont know what to replace them and due to this I had to retire 1 frag viper, my Gnawgahyde dreadnok, Destro V1as well as an iron grenadier.

My fave is of course Cobra Commander! Since my fave is TF is Starscream - both Characters treacherous, cowardly ( their self preservation instincts are very high ) and voiced by the late Chris Latta. I'm so very pleased of the relaunch ( sort of like Encore) event that happened late last year in Phils with the 5 packs of the more popular figs getting a more detailed sculpt - woohoo!
    Even with the vehicles Cobra has the more interesting ones. Names alone is far more creative - F.A.N.Gs, H.I.S.S. tanks, M.A.M.B.A.s et all really cool!

My friend back home said that he will reserve a new version Cobra Commander - loose. Im hoping I could find more 5 packs as they're pretty sold out and only hobby shops sell them there now.

Im curious as to how they changed the O ring on the newer molds, if they have O rings at all, or probably now a ball and socket thing, my friend wont elaborate. Says you see it for yourself when you arrive here.

Hoping that they (Hasbro) reissue a Cobra-la pack as well. An improved Nemesis enforcer fig. Coz the first one does no justice at all to the cartoon version. The wings are small and the figure looks dreadful, not menacing , muscularly bulky with a big batwings like it should be. Also a Phytona figure would be most welcome - she's like Arcee in TF world - a neat character that never saw a figure ever made of. Like L. Zed I tend to browse and buy off Joe figs in the parra fair as theres not much TFs to buy at times... might as well bulk up on another collection I have been neglecting. Will try to migrate them here a swell but priority for now are the TFs and Comics.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I've over 150 vintage Joe figures and about 25 vehicles from childhood. Lately I have been building up my army of ARAH vipers. As of now, I think I have near to 90 25th anniversary figures and growing. Lots of doubles and triples as I buy the whole case for every wave. With the movie slated to be out next year, the Joes will be a force to be reckon with, and prices will go up just like Transformers after the movie.

Question about the o-rings, you can purchase new rings from online site such as smalljoes.com or gijoeheaven.com. You can get new screws or figure stands from there too.

Cobraaaaaaaa.....!!!!!
    Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Quote Originally Posted by hound View Post

Question about the o-rings, you can purchase new rings from online site such as smalljoes.com or gijoeheaven.com. You can get new screws or figure stands from there too.

Cobraaaaaaaa.....!!!!!
    Yeeeeessssssssss! Thanks for the information Hound! Mosssssst appreciated.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by hound View Post
    I've over 150 vintage Joe figures and about 25 vehicles from childhood. Lately I have been building up my army of ARAH vipers. As of now, I think I have near to 90 25th anniversary figures and growing. Lots of doubles and triples as I buy the whole case for every wave. With the movie slated to be out next year, the Joes will be a force to be reckon with, and prices will go up just like Transformers after the movie.

Cobraaaaaaaa.....!!!!!

Oh i demand pics now :P

damn those rubber o-rings... and for some reason, their crotches easily broke too. I have way too many castrated GI Joe figures.

Not to go too off topic, but as someone with no Joes toys I'm wondering if you could use the Joe "O rings and screws" to fix broken Action Masters? Are they similar sizes?

When I had braces I used to use spare rubber rings to fix some of my busted Joes... they were never as tight as their original rings though.

My fave is of course Cobra Commander! Since my fave is TF is Starscream - both Characters treacherous, cowardly ( their self preservation instincts are very high ) and voiced by the late Chris Latta.
    Same here, except I prefer the comic Cobra Commander, who is the above, but also manipulative, schemeing and merciless, much like Beast Wars Megatron (my favourte Megatron personality wise). Comic Cobra Commander never hissed either, and sometimes displayed a command of the english language that would amaze a university english lecturer, and some of his schemes were really quite brilliant. He also didn't seem to like dogs much

Pretty obvious I'm a fan.

Im curious as to how they changed the O ring on the newer molds, if they have O rings at all, or probably now a ball and socket thing, my friend wont elaborate. Says you see it for yourself when you arrive here.
    The new figures do not have a waist joint but instead have one in thier midsection bellow the ribcage, this will be the subject of some debate as to it's merits I'm sure. I will say visualy it works for some figures and doesn't so much for others. I'm not sure exactly what's holding the figure together though, as I've never taken one of the new figures apart. The only visible screws these new Joes have are those in the inner thighs.

My friend back home said that he will reserve a new version Cobra Commander - loose. Im hoping I could find more 5 packs as they're pretty sold out and only hobby shops sell them there now.
    The figures in the 5packs are now selling seprately on standard cards in the US apparently.

Hoping that they (Hasbro) reissue a Cobra-la pack as well. An improved Nemesis enforcer fig. Coz the first one does no justice at all to the cartoon version. The wings are small and the figure looks dreadful, not menacing , muscularly bulky with a big batwings like it should be.
    I despise Cobra La with a passion! Nonetheless the 25th Anniversary line seems to cater to fans of both comic and toon, and toynews says that one of the future comic packs will feature Nemisis Enforcer and LT Falcon . No pics yet, but it will have to be good to make me get it, I only really enjoyed the first 10 minutes of the movie.
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 13th February 2008 at 11:22 PM.