Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First pictures of Takara's MP USA Starscream

Default First pictures of Takara's MP USA Starscream

Taken by [Soundwave] over at TFans. He hasn't removed it from the packaging yet, but in the box, it looks exactly the same as Hasbro's, they haven't even translated the text. The only real difference is the Japanese sticker in place of the Wal-Mart one.

Clicky clicky!

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Very nice. Wanna pick one up myself. It's too bad that will never be available locally in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by foor View Post
    Very nice. Wanna pick one up myself. It's too bad that will never be available locally in Australia.
    Its exactly the same as the Hasbro version we saw a 2-3 months ago being sold as a Toys R Us exclusive. However I am not surprised that you were not aware of them as they didn't even last a week on the shelves despite reasonable stock numbers.

See Hasbro, cool stuff sells better than random repaint junk
    ________
    Fetish girl
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:18 PM.

The Japanese release has the faction logo on the nosecone and longer tips on the tailfins. Otherwise they are almost identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    The Japanese release has the faction logo on the nosecone and longer tips on the tailfins. Otherwise they are almost identical.
    Are you sure? To me it looks exactly the same aside from the Decepticon symbol.

When I get home I will have a good look comparing mine with this pic:

http://www.seibertron.com/news/index.php
    ________
    JEEP WRANGLER HISTORY
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Are you sure? To me it looks exactly the same aside from the Decepticon symbol.

When I get home I will have a good look comparing mine with this pic:

http://www.seibertron.com/news/index.php
    I've heard that it has the original tail-fins. If you feel Starscream's then Skywarp's or Greenscream's, you can definately feel a difference in pointy-ness.

"Oh but I wouldn't buy the Hasbro one, Takara's will be some much better and much less dirtier."

Yeah. Right.

Glad I got the Hasbro one while I could. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot
    "Oh but I wouldn't buy the Hasbro one, Takara's will be some much better and much less dirtier."
    People were making those comments because Hasbro does have a track record of stuffing up attempts of making Transformers look damaged or worn through paint apps (e.g.: 70s bumblebee).

To Hasbro's credit, they did a commendable job with their Starscream - there's really not that much to improve on. The one thing I'd most like to see improved - and am curious to see if Takara has improved on this - is the paint apps on the breast missiles (which was completely lacking in the Hasbro version).

Quote Originally Posted by foor
    It's too bad that will never be available locally in Australia.
    As kup said, Hasbro's MP Starscream was available here as a TRU exclusive (apparently it's a Wal*Mart exclusive in the US). They were easy to find before Xmas, but since then they've become quite scarce.

Mine needs to be paid for. HLJ sent me notice. I'm not upset. It was a gamble I was willing to take b/c Takara have a better track record on fixing Hasbro's screw ups as well as delivering better quality in general. I'll compare mine to someone's when it gets here. A bit disappointed but hey we get an extra sticker...

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

...See Hasbro, cool stuff sells better than random repaint junk
    i thought MP USA starscream WAS a repaint?