Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WIP: G1 Roadbuster

Default WIP: G1 Roadbuster

Picked up a Roadbuster (figure only) fairly cheap on eBay. Got him because there is no real chance of the figure getting a proper TF re-release, and the fact he was forgotten by the G1 TV series. Plus he looks crazy in a 1980s Rambo way with all the guns and armour.

The past couple of months I have slowly got all the accessories for it, which wasn't a cheap endeavor.

However I have finally managed to get all the parts together, the only thing I am waiting on is new labels for it from Reprolabels (two bloody months ).

Today I stripped the old paint off the metal inner leg parts and repainted them. However as you can see from the photos it has come out quiet a bit matte to what I was hoping they would:

Sorry about the quality of the photos, never been much of a photographer.

The antenna is there for him, mounted on one of the backpacks. Was a pain getting him to stand as the feet bits are fairly sloppy these days, and the weight of his legs plus all he extra shields and stuff that get attached to him when he is in robot mode.

Hopefully a spray can of clear coat will bring the shine up on the legs.

Next up after him will be Jetfire, once I get the final bits of leg armour through the mail. However dissatisfied with the way Reprolabels has dealt with me, and fear having to purchase a label set for Jetfire off them.

Any comments, question, more than happy to see them

looks good man
    i need to repaint mine soon his legs look like crap

how much did you end up spending on the accessories? cause im going to have to get some of those eventually too :P

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    looks good man
    i need to repaint mine soon his legs look like crap

how much did you end up spending on the accessories? cause im going to have to get some of those eventually too :P
    In total it was well over US$100, I can not remember the final figure, as I may cry
    It was hard tracking down the parts, especially that tiny antenna.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Nice work Lordy. There's some great satisfaction to be had in restoring and completely accessorizing a figure you've always loved or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Nice work Lordy. There's some great satisfaction to be had in restoring and completely accessorizing a figure you've always loved or wanted.
    Thanks. I am slowing down on buying old G1 figures and actually getting the accessories for the ones I have. Not a cheap venture

wrt reprolabels, sometimes your order can take a while because they dont always have sets of all labels on hand. sometimes they have to wait for a few orders (or whatever) before they get another batch of a certain set of labels made up.
    I waited about 8 weeks for my sideswipe set, but less than 10 days for some other sets. when I contacted them (kinda abusive email ) they explained that there were no s'swipe sets in stock and were awaiting more to be made up.
    personally, i wouldnt be scared to order from them.
    (unless you've had a far worse experience, in which case do tell)

i think theres a thread on reprolabels somewhere here too...
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    wrt reprolabels, sometimes your order can take a while because they dont always have sets of all labels on hand. sometimes they have to wait for a few orders (or whatever) before they get another batch of a certain set of labels made up.
    I waited about 8 weeks for my sideswipe set, but less than 10 days for some other sets. when I contacted them (kinda abusive email ) they explained that there were no s'swipe sets in stock and were awaiting more to be made up.
    personally, i wouldnt be scared to order from them.
    (unless you've had a far worse experience, in which case do tell)

i think theres a thread on reprolabels somewhere here too...
    Ah ok. I'll email them again on Monday on a status update. I wish they had better options for postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy
    and the fact he was forgotten by the G1 TV series.
    Even if the Deluxe Autobots were put into the G1 cartoon, animators would need to significantly modify the show models to avoid a lawsuit with the Dorvack animé; much like what was done to Jetfire/Skyfire to avoid a lawsuit with Macross/Robotech. Then fans would complain about how the Deluxe Autobots aren't "show-accurate."

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Chikyuu ni I love you???

Well apart from the opening theme that looked like a pretty cool cartoon for back in the day.

Reminds me of the old Japanese cartoon shows that ABC used to show, like Battle of the Planets and Voltron.

I had forgotten about the legal issues in regards to why they were never shown in the cartoon.