Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phone questions thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Hows 3's coverage? Do you have good reception in country areas?

They've got the Nokia E63 free on a $20 plan too.

I've been reminded that Virgin's coverage is bad in some areas I go to often, so 3 is another option I might consider more.
    if you wanna go 3, ask a friend to recommend and either of us that are with 3 can get free credits

After discussing with Sifun my thinking is moving towards iPhone, perhaps getting an ealier (cheaper) model now that the 3G one is coming out... But I've had to recharge my prepaid phone today ("your balance is 0 dollars, 1 cent") so I've got until I use my current credit to decide.

The iphones seem cool except for the battery life on the older models. Having spoken to people that own them, the majority state that's the only problem they have with it - having to constantly charge the thing even with minimal usage. If you were going to buy one look into the newer ones perhaps - battery life on phones like in a Nokia is something you take for granted.

I think a new model iPhone would have to be the way to go and I'm waiting to see what all the company's offers will be.

I keep finding other options though. At the moment it seems to be between an iPhone (which is cool), a Nokia E63 or E71, or perhaps a Blackberry Storm (which promises unlimited email and web which I need to investigate further).

My cousin is a phone whore and very fickle, I'll see if he has his Storm for sale still if you're interested. He barely used the bloody thing. In the space of 6 months he went through 8 phones.

Don't do the Storm. The web experience and general usability is in the gutter.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Don't do the Storm. The web experience and general usability is in the gutter.
    Have you heard of similar comments for other recent Blackberry models?

the new iPhone is supposed to be out next week (ie. July)... the only difference between that and current is the ability to do MMS but they have already released an app for the current to do MMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    the new iPhone is supposed to be out next week (ie. July)... the only difference between that and current is the ability to do MMS but they have already released an app for the current to do MMS.
    I'm ready better battery life too, and by default more GB.

The iPhone wins on the cool factor but I'm not 100% sold on it yet.

There's quite a few changes, of which the big features are: Video recording and editing, a digital compass to assist with maps and turn by turn directions, voice control (more for disabled folk) and speed speed speed!!!

Everything else is available in the form of a software update for the previous model.

My blackberry comments are generic, not model specific.