Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phone questions thread

The blackberry bold is typicallly pretty good - used my mate's (work) bberry and it's cool - most people generally like it too - big plus is the qwerty over the pearl of course

I am planning to get me an iphone come september! wahah! Tell me how you go mr. paul! I am jumping onto that boat soon too!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

e71 is thinner in girth than e63 and no gps..
    U can get it on optus for 49 a mnth no handset repayments

iphone prices are up on the optus price for the 8gb iphone 3g or the new models.
    They include some data usage each month

So far, the best iPhone deal I've seen is:

iPhone 3G S 16GB free on the $69 Vodaphone cap, includes $400 talk, TXT and 1GB data

It's very tempting...

http://personal.optus.com.au/web/oca...&site=personal

I thought this is better than the $69 vodafone cap... thought you only get $350 txt, talk and 500mb data

I'm on the Optus $59 cap, and while I consider myself to be a HEAVY internet user, I don't think I've ever broken 250MB. That being said, I've busted the $350 in calls a few times, but that's tough to quantify from person to person. Also, now that the iPhone supports tethering (using the phone as a 3G modem for your laptop), I expect to use more, but even then, that will be rare.

The other benefit, at least at the time I signed up for Optus, was that Optus offered me a 1 year contract but charged me more for the phone. The phone ended up costing me $400 over the year (16GB), but I'm out of contract at the end of this month and that has tremendous value to me.
    Last edited by jaydisc; 25th June 2009 at 05:56 PM.

Hmm. The Vodafone pricing matches their offer for the Nokia E71 (and a bunch of other phones) so it would come down to which phone I like best.

I don't think I will go over the call cap, but the Internet one is the one I wonder about. Browsing on the train, apps like the maps that use downloaded data, it could all add up.

Saintly your link doesn't work for me. Is it the $62 (49 + 13 repayments) one? That's 250 MB downloads though?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Saintly your link doesn't work for me. Is it the $62 (49 + 13 repayments) one? That's 250 MB downloads though?
    Okay... looks like they have the new deal on with the new iPhone 3Gs and they have removed the old 16Gb iPhone... head over to http://www.optus.com.au/iphone

It's a case of selecting the cap plan level and see the benefits (or not), not to mentioned cost as well.

The new 16G is available on the $79 for $0 upfront, while the old 8G is available on $59 for $0 upfront.

Telstra's pricing is bad, I'm steering away from them.

If I go iPhone I will get the 16G new model as it does seem a better phone.

or you can go the new 32G on $99 timeless (better value than $119 timeless!)

I would strongly recommend the new iPhone if possible, as the latest software on my 3G model took a speed hit.

As far as data allowance, trust me, you'll have a hard time using 500MB.