Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TF2 - ROTF Movie reviews and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Damn you for making me remember that turd of a film.
    I don't think I've laughed as hard as I just did reading that comment than I have in a while.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Well, I can't wait to see it... only a few hours now!

Yeah I didn't think it was that great. I agree with most of what trunks has stated.

*I hated the twins, the parents and "alice".
    *No character development and some bots only lasted 30 seconds.
    *The fallen had one cool scence and that was it.
    *IMO the jetfire scence dragged on.
    *The forest battle was great.
    *ravage and wheelie were cool.
    *Prime was awesome.

I want a Pretender toy of Isabel Lucas.

That is all.

i want the nano-combiner bot that came out of ravage's mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    i want the nano-combiner bot that came out of ravage's mouth!
    For all the going on about how spectacular and advanced the cgi at the end of the film was, I found that whole scene with Ravage breaking into the facility the best cgi in terms of realism (blending in with the live action footage) and overall awesomeness in the entire film.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve
    I don't think I've laughed as hard as I just did reading that comment than I have in a while.
    Trust you to laugh at my pain!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I like Bartrim's comparison between this movie and Bad Boys - it is very enjoyable on that level, and that is what I was expecting to get from this movie, so I thoroughly enjoyed it! In fact, it exceeded my expectations in some areas, such as the twins. I thought I'd hate them, but I don't. I don't love them but I don't hate them either.

As for the jokes...
    + The dog humping I could tolerate, I thought that was okay. But they went too far with Wheelie, cos it just makes no freakin' sense.
    + The special cookies scene was just stupid and I didn't find that funny at all. Maybe if I were 10. (-_-)
    + Simmon's joke about the "enemy scrotum" made me lol. But you all know my thing with janglies.

Otherwise I thought the movie was fantastic. My friend and I commented about the savagery, such as:
    + the way the Constructicons cannabilised one of their own to rebuild Megatron
    + the merging sequence of the Constructicons into Devastator - it was like Demolishor was like watching Demolishor raping the other Constructicons and forcing them to merge with him. It was kinda disturbing to look at!
    + Bumblebee ripping out Ravage's "vertebrae" (the audience at IMAX were like "Whoooaaa!")
    + the way Jetfire tore out his own spark and seeing Ratchet and Jolt tear him apart to upgrade Optimus Prime

oh yeah... there's some violent language in it, which I'm not sure if I want saintly legend to learn yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    + the way Jetfire tore out his own spark and seeing Ratchet and Jolt tear him apart to upgrade Optimus Prime
    Now I beleive that was about the only time we see Jolt, and only about the third time we see ratchet do anything...

The Hash Cookie scene was aun-needed in the context of the film, but I didnt mind it too much. The dog humping, and continual scrotum jokes annoyed me, there were about 3 testicle jokes in the last 30 or so minutes of the film, taser, knee/landing on them and then the Devastator joke.

Also the cannibalising scene just before Megatron is revived could have been done better, 5 went down, 6 came back (Megatron and Scalpel were the two new ones) but it was a little unclear. There was also a shot that almost looks as though the Constrtucticon that was used for parts was standing back in the group when megs revived...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Overall I enjoyed the film , I mean I wasn't excpecting a masterpiece or even something on the level of the great TF comics, just something above the cartoon, and that it was. It was a really frantic film, the action was frantic, the plot was frantic, some of the acting was frantic to.

There were a lot of gaps in the plot, and unexplained so and so's back etc. But I'm sure there are many way they could explain it. Blackout for instance could have been ressurected by the Constructicons after Megatron, or he could just be a standard Decepticon clone sorta bot (like the G1 seekers).

I also agree the film was savage, the Autobots seemed unusaly vicious but were actualy effective warriors. It was difficult to remember the Decepticons deserved their fate given the massive destruction and deathtoll they cause (albiet mostly of camera).

I really enjoyed Starscream in the film and It doesn't really bother me that Sideswipe, Arcee, Jolt etc had no character cause at least they gave the Decepticons some screen time, and even though the Megatron dynamic with the Fallen was not the classic Megatron we know I still enjoyed it. I agree the Fallen was a let down at the end, he didn't do nuffin. But he sure does look creepy I really like the Fallen's design as well as the Decepticon base It looked really alien and helped flesh out what movie Cybertron might look like.

I noticed the canabalising scene but also found it a little confusing, for a moment I though they revived Brawl an used him to rebuild Megatron, which would make sense given his crab tank form.

Jolt I believe appeared 3 times, once at the base, once in the Eygpt battle, and at the end when he was named.

I also thought the film had to much crass humour, sure a little is fine but there was far to much here. A lot of the extra human player amused me though they were overplayed in parts. The twins are fine to, there not as annoying as Jarjar, there just a little slow.

Overall I like the way this film opens up the Movie Universe a bit, while the plot is a bit pothole filled, IDW could actualy make decent comics about the movie universe now, seeing as how the Autobots and Humans had been fighting Decepticons for 2 years, who knows which other Decepticons or Autobots may have come and gone. there's also the many Decpticon attacks on earth we didn't see. The film also added a little bit of Transformers mythology with the Primes, I'm sure someone can build on that.

In the toy realm, the film actualy seems to explain Hasbro's release of seperate Constructicons and Devestator, and Crab Megatron actualy appears to be the most accurate ROTF Megs toy.

lastly though, where was Barricade??????