Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TF2 - ROTF Movie reviews and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Now I beleive that was about the only time we see Jolt
    Second time, actually. He's in robot mode when Prime's body is returned to the New Jersey base and the humans surround the Autobots. Though all he did was stand in the background, so it's not as if he did much.

Too much crappy humour for me. A few jokes is fine but whats with the ongoing toilet humour, it loses its comedy value after a while.

The whole Constructicon/Devastator thing I thought was handled very poorly. I was so dissapointed seeing him combine only to see individual Constructicons still looking for Sam. Whats up with that? Clones??? Weak excuse, boring excuse.

I'm sorta dissapointed with it all atm but I can't say I didn't like the movie. I think I need to go see it again and get my head around it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scattershot View Post
    The whole Constructicon/Devastator thing I thought was handled very poorly. I was so dissapointed seeing him combine only to see individual Constructicons still looking for Sam. Whats up with that? Clones??? Weak excuse, boring excuse.
    I agree. I'm confused with blackout and bonecrusher returning as well. I'm annoyed that we barely get to see the Autobots, and the army does most of the work.
    "Ding-a-ling, come out and get yo ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass-whoopin" - Skids and Mudflap

Quote Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
    I agree. I'm confused with blackout and bonecrusher returning as well.
    That lazy Soundwave only scanned a half dozen alt modes for the entire Decepticon army!

Most of the cons that appeared in teh final battle did not even get to scan an alt mode, they stayed in protoform/asteroid mode, event hough there were plenty or armed forces vehicles for them to scan that they could have better used to their advantage.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Saw it today and loved it. Plot holes aplenty but its not exactly a cerebral movie but then again, thinking movies don't bring in the patrons (ie. Watchmen). Only thing I didn't like was the fact that there was a guy in the cinema sitting in front of me who reminded me of Roller only 10 times more annoying and less charming He came into the cinema with a group of friends and the first thing he does is stand at the entrance and shout "One shall stand, one shall fall!" to the laughter of his friends. Then throughout the movie he kept on explaining things to his friends about different plot holes and how Sideswipe was red in G1, Sam is supposed to be Spike from G1 etc...... Then at the end he shits on the movie then says to his friends he wants to see it in IMAX and see if its any different to this "deconstruction of G1". Fucking annoying shit. Seeing it again this weekend in IMAX with the missus and friends.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Saw it today and loved it. Plot holes aplenty but its not exactly a cerebral movie but then again, thinking movies don't bring in the patrons (ie. Watchmen). Only thing I didn't like was the fact that there was a guy in the cinema sitting in front of me who reminded me of Roller only 10 times more annoying and less charming He came into the cinema with a group of friends and the first thing he does is stand at the entrance and shout "One shall stand, one shall fall!" to the laughter of his friends. Then throughout the movie he kept on explaining things to his friends about different plot holes and how Sideswipe was red in G1, Sam is supposed to be Spike from G1 etc...... Then at the end he shits on the movie then says to his friends he wants to see it in IMAX and see if its any different to this "deconstruction of G1". Fucking annoying shit. Seeing it again this weekend in IMAX with the missus and friends.
    Hahahaha that guy sounds like a complete w**k.

Word of warning for IMAX, go to the toilet beforehand, try to get as far to the back and middle as you can, so basically be first in line

Reuse of models is a simple financial thing. You see how much stock footage from the last film is used. If the Constructicons all went into Devastator, well, there would be nobody left to fight NEST and the Autobots, well, except for the protoform mode guys.

+ The special cookies scene was just stupid and I didn't find that funny at all. Maybe if I were 10. (-_-)
    You know, I was sitting next to you and I'm pretty sure you were laughing, along with everybody else in the audience.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Yep I agree it would take ages to build and rig such complex CGI characters so re-use is pretty much necesary, most big budget movies usualy have multiples of there super cool monsters, rather than many unique ones.

I personaly have no probelm at all with the re-use, including the re-use of the previous films suposedly dead characters. The ROTF film just captures a part of what has been a 2year long battle so anything could have happened, and clones and drones are as steeped in Transformer mythos as the Matrix and Energon. I can't fault the movie for that.

I can fault it for excessive nerthandernal humour though.

Dissapointed, its not a bad film, I just think it didn't do anything better than the first. Bumble Bee who WAS the first film didn't do squat in this, Devvy was grossly misused, Fallen didn't live up to his pedigree, and Megatron Bows to NO ONE!

Still, they did a top job with Starscream!
    Long Haul looks f'ing badass.
    A Wheelie who doesn't suck!
    A Jetfire who I like!
    The Twins were almost ok! (they actually remind me of my brother who is going through a "gangsta" phase, damn kids)

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    You know, I was sitting next to you and I'm pretty sure you were laughing, along with everybody else in the audience.
    Well, I wasn't laughing at the "cookie" scene that's for sure. And neither was anyone else at the screening I went to. I sunk in to my seat at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Megatron Bows to NO ONE!
    +1!
    Couldn't agree more! In fact, this has been playing on my mind all day. I would have rather seen Megatron and Optimus have to reluctantly work together in order to stop the Fallen!