Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TF2 - ROTF Movie reviews and comments.

Devastator wasn't as great as i thought he'd be.
    He's supposed to wreak havoc and be quite invincible. yet he's taken out by some whimpy small cars-

Loved megs voice. It sounded more like hugo than the first flick. Loved it as a popcorn film.

Quote Originally Posted by sifun View Post
    Devastator wasn't as great as i thought he'd be.
    He's supposed to wreak havoc and be quite invincible. yet he's taken out by some whimpy small cars-
    Don't you mean a fancy railgun?

i mean when mudflap got sucked into his mouth i expect him to die. I thought to myself good riddance, but nooooo he had to live.

prime shoulda chucked the fallen onto the sun thing, the supreme supreme leader of the decepticons shouldve been strong enough to not get crushed by prime
    Spank you very much

Liked:
    - Jetfire
    - Wheelie
    - Skids & Mudflap
    - Ravage
    - Kitchen bots
    - humour
    - Megatron & Starscream banter
    - Prime lore

Disliked:
    - short to no screen time for some of the characters like Sideswipe, Jolt, Arcee Triplets
    - robot action either way too close to the screen, which felt like I was in a washing machine full of garbage, or or the action is covered by sand, smoke, buildings, parachute which felt like I was watching the action thru a keyhole
    - generic decepticon bots
    - Megatron's role severly weakened and diminished by his underling like behaviour around the Fallen

I just didn't like it that much. The action was always obstructed by stuff. Especially when Optimus was rising from his ressurection. Should have been a glory moment, but instead I got to watch a parachute/cover flailing over the screen. Underused autobots, where's more Arcee action and Sideswipe Grrr. I was quite disappointed bar the twins and wheelie. Prefer the first movie by a mile.

I've learnt not to expect a Michael Bay film to have depth, and I did not walk away form the cinema disappointed. The new film served its purpose to be very very entertaining. I'm happy with it and have already scheduled to watch it 3 more times before the end of next week.

They showed us the Nemesis!!!!!! How awesome was that?

I read some spoilers before watching it. Soundwave and the twins were better than I expected. OP and BB are much better fighters in this one!

I hope there won't be fans adding custom balls to the Devastator toy to make it more movie accurate... but I'm sure there'll be...

Ok first of all I think the movie is too big for IMAX. It almost hurt to watch it and I couldn't follow everything.
    I was kinda dissapointed that Sideswipe didn't get more time as i though he rocked in that first scene.
    Loved the twins. Their bickering reminded me of how me and my brother act
    Loved the Starscream/Megatron interaction.
    Would of liked more names mentioned. Like how Starscream referred to Rampage by his name.
    Long Haul looked awesome. Would of liked him to have a bit more time.
    Sams roommate bugged the crap out of me.
    Alice wasn't as annoying as I thought she would be. Loved how Bumblebee treated her
    I like Sams quick wit. Especially the "tighter t-shirt" line. Shia delivers those lines really well.
    Hated the Fallen/Megatron, master/apprentice thing. What are they Sith?

I'll probably post more comments as I think of them but overall this movie was exactly what I thought it would be. Switch off the brain, sit down and hang on. Very enjoyable
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I've learnt not to expect a Michael Bay film to have depth, and I did not walk away form the cinema disappointed. The new film served its purpose to be very very entertaining. I'm happy with it and have already scheduled to watch it 3 more times before the end of next week.

They showed us the Nemesis!!!!!! How awesome was that?

I read some spoilers before watching it. Soundwave and the twins were better than I expected. OP and BB are much better fighters in this one!

I hope there won't be fans adding custom balls to the Devastator toy to make it more movie accurate... but I'm sure there'll be...
    Fans Project order for custom robo-testicles anyone?

I think your sentiment is spot on there Kyle, don't read too much into it and its enjoyable. Sure you can pick on a lot of stuff but just try and enjoy i for waht it is, a spectular action flick.

After having watched it for the 3rd time, I find myself annoyed at the amount of swearing in it. I think I REALLY hate gangsta talk. It just seemed going for the cheap laugh of a little blue robot saying "bitch" and stuff like that. For me though, the movie peaked at the forrest scene with Optimus. WHen it got to the final fight between the fallen and Op, I was left wanting more coz I was expecting something along the lines of the forrest, but it wasn't and it was over too quickly too.

I also find myself saddened in Megatron's (now permannently) diminshed role. The guy has no chance of winning now. In previous series Megs was usually more powerful than Prime (military/combatant vs civilian sort of thing), here we see the Fallen as Prime's brother of sorts, since Prime is a descendant of the fallen's brothers. Megatron is now just a dude, he is immediately on the back foot.... As Prime is a legendary figure now. Loss of respect there for Megs. Whats wiht the "EVen in death my rule is total" speech from Megs when HE does what the fallen tells him to do?!?!?

Liked the banter between Megs and Stars though. Especially in the ship when STars was getting strangled where he "warned" megatron about the fragility of the hatchlings instead of yeilding.

Lots of killing in this one withsoldiers getting blown up all over the place and Autobots executing Deceps left right and centre.

One thing I am tiring of is this apparent magic love for New Yorkers WTF is up with that? Sure, Madagascra 2 had it, but they were from the city (although it was far too excessive) this movie just kind of chucks it in somewhat randomly. They could have also shortened it a bit by cutting out some of the military scenes. Is Bay trying to recruit for the war on terror or something?

The more I see it the less I seem to enjoy it as the holes are more noticeable. I guess ts a good thing the action sequences are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Hated the Fallen/Megatron, master/apprentice thing. What are they Sith?
    OF COURSE THEY ARE!!!!!

Levitating stuff around the Pyramid.....

and always have been.... Don't you remember the weapons Megs used on Prime in 1986?