Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TF2 - ROTF Movie reviews and comments.

Overall I had fun watching ROTF. It's certainly not as good as the first movie and in a lot of ways it's a very disappointing sequel; but at the same time it has a lot going for it and for the first 2/3's especially it's quite the action rollercoaster.

Things I liked:
    -The Shanghai setting. Wish they spent more time here.
    -The short and punchy action scenes - Discovering Demolishor, Sideways VS. Sideswipe, BB VS. Rampage & Ravage, Prime VS. Blackout & Screamer were real standouts for me.
    -The whole sequence from Soundwave catapulting Ravage to earth to Ravage escaping with the shard. That last bit with Ravage spraying the marines with machine gun fire as he slides around in the dirt was fantastic and will stick in my mind for some time to come.
    -Wheelie. Wow, what a surprise. From 'this is the freakin' house of horrors' to 'That's my eye you stupid b**ch!!'....He had so many funny moments. I loved him.
    -Terminator lady - really didn't see it coming and it was a great surprise.
    -The relationship between Sam & BB. I loved the moment they shared in Egypt, darn near brought a tear to the eye.
    -Megatrons revival sequence, then seeing him smash into that sub and fly to Cybertron.
    -Sam's parents. They're no Bobby B but I still find them funny.

Didn't like:
    -I was disgusted when I saw Optimus Prime dropped like a sack of potatoes. No respec I tell you.

-One thing I was really looking forward to was seeing Demolishor lead the constructicons, and how they act around him and Sideways. Needless to say, my dreams were shattered (along with Demolishors brains) 10 minutes into the film (I hated Prime at that point in time, haha).

-The length. This movie is waaaaay too long and I think a lot of people, especially non-Transfans will get bored with the final third.

-Anything to do with the Fallen. He bored me to death, looked rubbish and took away the respect I had for Megatron. Are we meant to believe the Fallen is stronger than ALL of his brothers combined and that's why they had to shield the matrix?? Come on, they could have overpowered him and toasted his arse in a nano-click. Instead, they chose to sacrifice themselves in a 'protective' tomb which simply hides themselves along with the artifact (while not actually shielding it at all).

-Most of the action scenes in the desert. The action scenes that really work and hold my interest are the ones involving a handful of Transformers with inventive choreography & flashy finishing moves...Not this generic shooting into dirt for an hour with every Decepticon acting as threatening as a monkey in a samurai suit.

-Jetfire. I had tears rolling down my eyes he bored me so much.

-Hardly any screen time for the bikes, Jolt and Sideswipe.

-Devastator...There was no dialogue between the constructicons. The leader was killed nearly straight away. He wasn't even comprised of the constructicons in the end. By the time he showed up I really didn't give a crap about him.

-The quest to find the matrix. I was expecting a bit of an adventure like the end of Indiana Jones and the last crusade (don't set my expectations high at all, do I? ) in finding the matrix, not just 'Oh look, the stoopid bot made a crack in the wall and there is the matrix' deal we got.

Like JD said in the other thread -> http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=108249

This is very similar.. perhaps a merge?

Jolt, like the LG phone, and the Cisco Webex display on Michaela's screen is simply paid product placement. GM was desperate to show off their first foray into the electrical car space.

Well, coming from a kid's point of view, I found the movie filled with excitement, action and explosions. From a fan's point of view I found it shallow, meh and explosions.

I think towards the general public this is a good movie for quick sugar rush and hype. Coming out of the movie I couldn't stop myself from trying to act out the moves OP pulled in the movie and talking about how cool the robots were. But that's all, I couldn't talk about how good the plot/story was or the characters and whenever I tried mentioning names for robots my boyfriend couldn't keep up.

What I liked:
    -EVERYTHING about Soundwave, Ravage and that thin Transformer
    -Seeing The Nemesis/Decepticon hideout
    -Interactions between the Decepticons
    -The improved battle performance of the Autobots

What I didn't like:
    -The dog humping
    -The Fallen and "Sun destroyer" being destroyed so easily
    -The disrespect of Optimus D:<
    -What the Matrix of Leadership looked like.

Is it too early to start discussing about ideas on the next movie ?
    Last edited by Norcinu; 25th June 2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Typo's

Quote Originally Posted by Norcinu
    Coming out of the movie I couldn't stop myself from trying to act out the moves OP pulled in the movie
    Please don't try transforming into a truck, even if you are a trained and experienced contortionist!

One thing I liked about seeing ROTF - the new GI Joe movie trailer. This movie looks like it could match or beat ROTF (and I rate ROTF highly for pure entertainment value).
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

I didn't like it. It's not something that I feel strongly about but I really thought the movie was too long and a lot of the time the action was so fast I could not tell which bot was kicking which bot's @$$.

The start of the movie was really strong but the twins, the dogs and later Wheelie humping Megan Fox's leg... Ha funny... I think it all went south after Ravage secures the shard. I liked that scene there were insecticons in it!

Megatron was very UnMegatron, he's like THE big bad second to no one, out for it all but fawns over the Fallen Even in the 1984 movie after being resurrected by Unicron as Galvatron he still sought to break free of Unicron's control and become Unicron's master...

At least the whole non-robot mode set of constructicons toys make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    One thing I liked about seeing ROTF - the new GI Joe movie trailer. This movie looks like it could match or beat ROTF (and I rate ROTF highly for pure entertainment value).
    Really, I didn't see the trailer cause it doesn't come bundled with IMAX. I have even lower excpectations than for ROTF and Terminator 4 so that would be nice if it was that good.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Loved this movie, so much in common with the G1 cartoon version.

Wheelie (name only this time, he was great in this movie).
    "Earning" the matrix of leadership.
    Prime dying.
    Megatron having a "master".
    Devastator.

I'm sure there are some more, but anyway, great stuff.

I also liked the reappearance of the s7 guy. And the railgun shot on devastator, seemed more like it didn't destroy him, but just broke him up and resulted in the individuals being knocked out for the fight.

The twins were better than I thought too, I still don't like the little buzz box cars they were, but their characters were great.

And megatron with the fallen, seemed like darth vader / palpatine to me.

Oh yea, and with that gijoe trailer, I dunno about those suits...... seemed to take away what made each joe special.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I wish people would stop bagging out the "dropping" of prime when they return his body to base....

1) What, the Choppers suppossed to Land on top of him? It wasn't a special souped up thing... it was a plane old cargo carrying thing with some chains on it!!!

and 2) it was to show the change in attitudes.... NEST was on the outter, collection was by the USA not NEST (i think anyway, otherwise they would have done alot more to load him into a plane and work on him or something)

It works to show that things are going bad and they, both autobots and NEST, aren't in control anymore