Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stupid grumpy boss

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Time for another job.

I could very easily walk into an IT job and rise up the ranks very rapidly with my years of knowledge, but I've decided that I really don't want to work fixing computers anymore, stuff that, so I am doing data entry instead.

For me it's something very different and there is no time for bludging at all. We work hard, very hard, in 5 hour shifts and it's very demanding mentally and physically it leaves me very tired, but mate, I absolutely love it. This is the happiest I've been in years. The place is great, the bosses are great, they'll fall over themselves to make everyone as comfortable as they can, tons of eye candy, and the place is very modern and clean. And I'm able to only have to work 4 days a week and still rake in (to me), good monies. I could work up to 75 hours a week if I was super super keen, but nah, I'm very content for now. I should have dropped uni sooner as it was really giving me the shites with the constant uni uni uni work, I couldn't just turn it off at the end of the day like I can now. I only had about a year left for a diploma, but I just don't care for it anymore.

So yea, the only time I have for using the net at work now is before my shift starts. So I only use the net now at home really, which of last week is now an adsl2+ connection.
    ________
    Pot News
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:40 AM.

Yeah it would be good if I could get another job but unfortunately there aren't too many openings for Spare Parts Interpreters on the South Coast.

I think I'll just play it like I planned to. When they gave me luxuries and were nice I was flexible with my time and work above and beyond what I should be doing. Now they are going to start treating me like crap I'll work my standard hours, take the breaks I'm designated and stop helping this a-hole manager (I used to take some of his workload off him). Thankfully I've become friends with a guy in the MTA who'll be willing to support me if the shite really hits the fan.

that's good to hear Bartrim... nothing p15535 me off more than an @55-hat manager.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Yeah it would be good if I could get another job but unfortunately there aren't too many openings for Spare Parts Interpreters on the South Coast.
    So try something new like I did.

Man I was really self destructing there for a while. All better now.
    ________
    Honda c71, c76, c72, c77 dream specifications
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:40 AM.

I'm so tempted to switch as well... this IT sitting in front of the computer is literally killing me.. have been thinking of a hotel operator

The thing is I actually enjoy the work and (not blowing my own trumpet)I'm really good at it. I just hate my manager. The local Holden dealership tried to poach me about 8-9 months ago but I didn't take it because I'm ethically (sp?) against head hunting.

Damn my ethics.

Head-hunting is flattery, not unethical! Best way to hire, and be hired...

I like your work-to-rule system - that'll get him.

I just put a metaphorical gun to my boss's head over his poor leadership. He's not speaking to me now, proving my point.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Thanks for the compliment Tiby. When I confront a problem like this I'm always concerned that my emotion (as I take pride in my work) clouds my better judgment. However I feel that this is not the case in this situation and again I am thankful of the support you guys are showing.

+1 on what Tiby said...

being head-hunted also show that you're worth more to others than where you are currently at most times.