Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who here has their collection insured?

Quote Originally Posted by kristofferrer View Post
    I did the same as Lige -
    Insured with NRMA for 10K Max. If you feel your collection exceeds 10K you'll need to have it valued by a pro - and provide pictures and keep receipts
    Ermmm mine's insured by GIO for more than $10k though and they didn't even ask me for any proof or photos to justify that. And I can confirm it's a seperate nomination because my policy states:

General Contents: $xx,xxx
    Transformers Figurine Collection: $1x,xxx

I added a couple more $k to it because I know I'll be buying more throughout the year (after I applied for it), just to cover the extras you buy. And of course I have the excel spreadsheet as well.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Any insurance company will give you cover for what you tell them too. If you wanted cover of $100,000 for your TF's you could have the cover and never show any reciepts/photo's. It would take you a few minutes on the phone.

BUT if you had to claim......

You need photo's, you need an itemisied list, you need reciepts.
    Its all good being insured, but people need to check the CLAIM PROCEDURE.
    The claim itslef is the most important aspect of insurance, if you don't meet their claim requirements being insured for any $k wont matter. Every company is different, every policy will be different. For real piece of mind actively know what your cover and claim procedure is. Dont assume, never assume.
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.