Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: First pics of Botcon 08' toys

I quite like this guy. I like the fact that it's clearly Goldbug, but not overwhelmingly gold. I also like the use of aposematic colours to anchor this as an evil Goldbug (:
    Last edited by dirge; 16th February 2008 at 06:37 PM.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I have cybertron excellion and I'm not a big fan of the mould as the transformation is just TOO simple and the bot mode uninteresting. Cybertron red alert (deluxe) would have worked better here. Also, this one doesn't seem to match the zombie look of the purple prime. A full set of zombies would have been quite cool.

thats pretty cool

primes alt-mode: http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=12428&

looks very cool, much better than the robot mode strangely.

BotCon.com has updated with the truck mode - as well as Goldbug. Can't say I think too much of the graffiti on the truck mode (G2 Megatron anyone?) but the huge anti-Autobot logo looks pretty cool.

I like! The new head looks just like the comic one! The black and yellow links him to Stealth BB08 and makes him look more like a bee, and still has the "evil" feeling.

I was hoping that he would be chromed gold (ala g2 Bumblebee) but I realise that probably would have been pretty unlikely.

P.S

I have cybertron excellion and I'm not a big fan of the mould as the transformation is just TOO simple and the bot mode uninteresting.
    I really like this mold, even though the transformation is simple, it makes it easy and from a play point of view fast and the flow of pay can still be kept. The robot mode has a pretty good level of articulation and the car mode is sleek and sexy. However I can see your point of view, but for me the simplicity of it works.
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 16th February 2008 at 05:00 PM.

Prime is a little too purple in truck mode... But the scratches and scuffs all over him bode well for personality. Like he never stops fighting. The graffiti on the windbreaker thing is a little corny, but the actual phrase is a great adaption of a Prime-ish quote!

I like Goldbug too. But I just posetd my thoughts in the GB thread. I think a merge of Threads would be a good idea Dirge. Since the new pics will be all listed on the botcon page anyway.

Threads merged, with scope for further First Pics (:

That's a fantastic Goldbug head. I look forward to seeing if there's a new Jazz head too.

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Looks like an Evil Goldbug to me. Dare I say more convincingly evil than Prime! Though I miss the battle scarring. I thought they were going to do that for all the Evilbots but I guess not.