Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Connor

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Totally mate. Annoys me as a basketball ref/coach of primary school girls when they say girls and boys are 'equal' so they have them compete together when anybody with two eyes can see that the boys are just naturally stronger, faster and more aggressive from a very young age. Millions of years of evolution denied because of political correctness.

Just out of curiosity though....

Have you ever come across any of the Israeli girls before?

Not from experience but from hearsay I've heard some of those IDF chicks can be pretty hardcore.

Summer Glau is cute~

Gosh, I really hope they don't ruin this. I thought the rumor was (before Arnie become Governator) that there was going to be a 3rd (which we saw released) and a 4th movie in the Terminator series? I'm guessing, with Arnies now Political career he has declined the offer for the 4th movie and instead they've tried to keep it going with a TV series? In any case, I'm sure they will try and milk the tv series to the end (like the BLADE series, even though that doesn't look half as good as this I will admit)

Any purists know what really happen? Cause as a Terminator fan I'd like tom know...

I um already saw the pilot... while I wont give spoilers, I will tell you my opinon.

While it was nice to see Summer Glau on the screen again, it didn't really do that much for me, there's no way smallscreen action can compete with bigscreen action. They need to develop a unique and interesting plot within the limits of the Terminator universe to get my interest. Th first ep was to much of a rehash of the old, relying on the Terminator name to get peoples interest. Still early days.

they should use the original sarah connor, she is still hot, i saw her in that Nazi christmas movie not long ago, shes still fertile

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp
    My real issue is being a soldier and watching very unrealistic stuff like chicks carrying guns and being "Hardcore" is very tough to swallow.
    \
    Don't get me wrong i am not sexist but i do that shit for a living.
    That's how I feel whenever I watch any TV show or movie with a melee fight scene... as a martial artist I just find it so hard to swallow. Even most stuff that people think is real, but really isn't - especially Bruce Lee *deep sigh* *rolls eyes* It's scary how many people seriously worship that guy as some kind of elite martial artist when:
    a/ nothing he did on the screen was realistic
    b/ even IRL he was at best a really ordinary fighter

I find that people who consider Bruce Lee to be some kind of expert or master are either very ignorant of melee fighting or just have very low standards (everything seems good when your standards are low! )

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger
    Totally mate. Annoys me as a basketball ref/coach of primary school girls when they say girls and boys are 'equal' so they have them compete together when anybody with two eyes can see that the boys are just naturally stronger, faster and more aggressive from a very young age. Millions of years of evolution denied because of political correctness.
    I don't think that was Soundwarp's point - my impression was that he wasn't so much being critical of the idea of women being soldiers, but the way that female soldiers are portrayed in movies and television.

Women do have different physical attributes to men, but that doesn't mean that they can't fight* (or be really good at sports). Just not in the overtly "macho-commando" style that some movies portray them as.

As for Sarah Connor, Terminator 2 did explain that she spent a lot of time doing personal special military training for herself and her son in preparation from the upcoming war. My guess is that most of the other female protagonists in this series will probably be Terminators.

But yeah, I can understand where Soundwarp's coming from... when you're experienced in a certain field and you see it being portrayed in a very unrealistic fictitious manner on film... it can be very annoying.

Some people complained about the "fast and blurry" fight scenes in Transformers, but as a martial artist, I really like it - because that's what real fights are like. Very quick and chaotic - but the difference between a martial artist and a brawler (non-martial artist) is that the martial artist controls himself within that chaos. One of the best descriptions I've heard about real martial arts came from Toy Story: "that wasn't flying, it was falling with style!" Movie martial arts = flying, real martial arts = falling w/ style

*Wing Chun Kung Fu was supposedly created by a woman (Buddhist nun) - its focus on smaller turning motions along the body's centre line is more ideal for a woman's body proportions (i.e.: narrower shoulders and broader hips). It would be more difficult for a woman to fight using a martial art like Choy Lee Fut Kung Fu which is characterised by wide/broad sweeping movements which exploits a man's broader shoulder: narrower hip proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    they should use the original sarah connor, she is still hot, i saw her in that Nazi christmas movie not long ago, shes still fertile
    I heard that she divorced from James Cameron because she prefers the company of women... if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    I've even kitted out a 'holding pit' for Kaylee when she guest stars at Supanova and I abduct her.
    You told me that was for me!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

SPOILERS:

I just watched it. It was much better than I expected (had low expectations) and it seems to completly ignore T3 which is not necessarily a bad thing.

As mentioned, it continues from T2 and although River's behaviour was almost identical to that of the T-101 in T2 down to the same lines! I thought that the plot was interesting enough and true enough to Terminator concepts for me to enjoy it.

Although much of it was bordering a bit on the fantastic such as the time displacement device, I thought that the way it was brought up was very clever.

I very much enjoyed this first episode but I dont see how they can make a full series out of these events without having it become very repetitive down the line. This probably would have worked better as a miniseries but I am not sure about a full series.

Things that I don't like however is the actress chosen for Sarah Connor. She doesn't have the same style in both look and behavior as Linda Hamilton in the Terminator movies and seems more 'normal' or down to Earth than the original portrayal of Sarah Connor which kind of makes her seem like a completely new character.

River was cool like always but having a 'Small Wonder' type Terminator felt kind of strange but not forced for the sake of ratings in the same way as that chick was in T3.

I hope the series succeeds however as I enjoyed this much more than I did T3.

Edit: Fixed god awful Spelling errors.
    ________
    VOLCANO VAPORIZER
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:21 PM.

I don't know if it completely ignores T3. It's set after T2 and before the events of T3 and so far nothing in it seems to really contradict T3. Then again, I said the same thing about IDW's Beast Wars comics... *sigh*