Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Connor

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't know if it completely ignores T3. It's set after T2 and before the events of T3 and so far nothing in it seems to really contradict T3. Then again, I said the same thing about IDW's Beast Wars comics... *sigh*
    Well it is very early in the series so we will see what happens when it comes to continuity. However the feel I get is that T3 is going to be ignored which as mentioned before, its nothing critical for me as I thought that T3 was mediocre at best.
    ________
    Cumshot Belly
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:21 PM.

T3? there was aT3?

Oh yeah right, that.

I doubt they'll link it to T3 myself. It looks more like there setting themselves up to create a new chapter of Terminator history. Recall if you will in T2 Skynet was meant to go online in 1997 and start a nuclear war, which is when Sarah Connor starts. However the Summer Glau Terminator say that the judgment day is in 2009 so the time line has obviously been altered. The jumped to 2007 so that gives the series about 2-3 years worth of series to prevent Judgement day.

I personaly think that in the end they'll find that Future Skynet is in fact trying to build itself in the past, or something to that affect, sending back terminators to move history forward. That's only a hunch though, but it makes about as much sense as John Connors birth.

Does anyone think the way to kill Terminators should be overloading thier brain with the John Connor Paradox? He sent his father back to the past so he could be born? so which came first??? Terminators must have extra paradox protection of thier neural net processors.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Watched Summer this morning on some breakfast show.
    In this universe T3 never happened.....according to her.

Liked the show.

i am am up to ep 4 and i am liking it.

There is a Terminator 4 coming... Christian Bale is set to star as Resistance Leader John Connor.

I thought tonight's episode was ok but I'm not sure how they can sustain this as series. It felt like it would make a good telemovie. I fear they've pulled the big bangs out for the pilot and following episodes will suffer from lower budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There is a Terminator 4 coming... Christian Bale is set to star as Resistance Leader John Connor.

I thought tonight's episode was ok but I'm not sure how they can sustain this as series. It felt like it would make a good telemovie. I fear they've pulled the big bangs out for the pilot and following episodes will suffer from lower budgets.

no it is still good 3 eps in

I like the 1st episode so far.

[QUOTE=GoktimusPrime;8162]

I don't think that was Soundwarp's point - my impression was that he wasn't so much being critical of the idea of women being soldiers, but the way that female soldiers are portrayed in movies and television.

Women do have different physical attributes to men, but that doesn't mean that they can't fight* (or be really good at sports). Just not in the overtly "macho-commando" style that some movies portray them as.

[QUOTE]

Got it right on the head dude.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I heard that she divorced from James Cameron because she prefers the company of women... if you know what I mean.
    That sounds like a fanboy fantasy! The truth is their marriage broke up because Cameron hooked up with Suzy Amis! When they divorced, Hamilton got the rights to the Terminator franchise and sold them.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't know if it completely ignores T3. It's set after T2 and before the events of T3 and so far nothing in it seems to really contradict T3.
    The continuity between T2 and T3 has always been dubious! Originally Sarah Connor was supposed to be in T3, but Hamilton declined, so they reluctantly killed her off. Also, in T2 John is 10, but in T3 he refers to his age (during the events in T2) as a 13 year old. Ah, yes… temporal anomalies!

Also, Josh Friedman (the show’s creator) has specifically stated that, as far as the Sarah Connor Chronicles goes, the events of T3 happened in an "alternate timeline". So the show will be ignoring the events of T3, picking up only where T2 left off.

I don’t think T3 turned out quite the way the filmmakers had hoped. It had some good ideas, but it just really lacked Cameron and Hamilton. I don’t mind T3 but it doesn’t compare to the 2 originals!

As for the show... it was pretty good. Summer Glau is cute!

John Connor is only supposed to be 10 in T2? I've always thought he was an older kid than that when I've watched it. Watching Sarah Connor last night I did at times think I'd prefer to be watching T2.