Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rotf game review

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Well that is abit more promising. IGN only gave it a 6/10 on PS3. Looks like I will have to get one, the Wii version got 4/10
    I thought IGN's review was poor and focused on the negative. It made some valid points about the AI but the game deserves better than a 6.

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/9579...len/index.html

can I ask how much of a role does soundwave and/or ravage play? I know he's not a playable character(yet...Downloadable content is my friend) but at Botcon panal didn't they developers say they were huge soundwave fans?

The gameis good fun, in a mindless way, much like the movie. You run around in an open arena and just kill targets and occasionally go to hotspots to repair or rescue. There's defense missions and of course bosses. Not too far in yet but have played a few levels and it gets samey.

The controls work really well and getting around is not too much of a problem but in vehicle mode you do need to be light on the trigger to keep acceleration at a contained level but get used to initially crashing left right and center on buildings as you try to maneuver around.

The biggest dissapointment was the rather small selection of playable characters. Was looking forward to playing as Sideswipe or one of the Twins but you are stuck with Optimus, Bee, Ratchet and Ironhide with Breakaway the only new playable character. It also boils down to typical videogame character "purpose" stereotype. One being the all rounder (Optimus), the speedy one (Bumblebee), the flyer (Breakaway), the brute (Ironhide) and the specialized one (Ratchet). With the decpticons having their own counterparts.

The use of the transofrming ability to spread out movesets is well realized and works after a few practice go's, but your main form will be in bot mode. Main source of attacks are ranged ballistics with the occasional close range melee. The game is at its best when you are far away, shoot them a bit, transform, race towards them then transform out into an attack for an "advance" kill. Otherwise it's not really all that different to many shooters out there at the moment. Being a fan would certainly help proceedings just to take control of some fo your favorite movie characters.