View Poll Results: Did you see it coming?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 87.27%
  • No

5 9.09%
  • Other (specify)

2 3.64%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: (HUGE SPOILERS) RotF plot poll (HUGE SPOILERS)

Yeah it would be cool if John Connor had died and his face grated to the Terminator... oh wait wrong film.

It's a cool idea, but these sort of daring radical ideas are considerd to risky by Hollywood. Although we can't really blame them. I must admit I much preffered the Watchmen to ROTF but it certainly didn't bring in the big bucks did it.

Yeh, if I weren't so obsessed with Transformers, I'd definitely favor Watchmen.

Other;

Wasn't surprised,

Spoilers: When it happened I thought "They killed him when we were kids and now they've done it again, Motherfoccacia's!"
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

Serious question: Has there ever actually been an Optimus Prime who hasn't been revived?
    I'm not including BM Primal here, though even then Universe seemed to bring him back again...

EDIT - should have said died and then revived, pardon my being so unclear.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 9th July 2009 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Serious question: Has there ever actually been an Optimus Prime who hasn't been revived?
    I'm not including BM Primal here, though even then Universe seemed to bring him back again...
    RID/Car Robots Optimus Prime is the only Optimus Prime I know of who hasn't died

Animated Optimus Prime has the fastest revival though
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i thought it was stupid how when Prime hit the ground, Michael Bay decides to cut to a scene of the Fallen getting out of his couch and his eyes lighting up(even though prime was actually still alive at this point but anyways!)...way to ruin the moment.

Then a few scenes later we see megatron and starsceam on the building saying "that went well.." when really they should have focused more on Prime's death and the autobots/army's reaction. Constant scene/mood shifting ruined this movie for me.

or maybe the down play of primes death was intentional because he going to be brought back to life anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper
    Finding an Optimus who's never been martyred is rare! As Golden Phoenix mentioned, there's Fire Convoy (RiD Optimus Prime). There are also:
    + Universe Spychanger Optimus Prime
    + Shattered Glass Optimus Prime
    + TransTech Optimus Prime

"You Optimuses do love to sacrifice yourselves, don't you?" - Megatron (Beast Wars, 'Other Voices Part 2')

Then there was this scene from "Hardware Wars":
    Fluke Starbucker: "C'mon, Auggie Ben Doggie!"
    Princess Anne-Droid: "Get to the ship! Run for it!"
    Ham Salad: C'mon! "Let's go!"
    Auggie Ben Doggie: "No, you go on without me... I'll be all right... Don't worry about me..."
    Ham Salad: "Aw, jeez!"
    Fluke Starbucker: "Jeez! What a martyr!"
    Princess Anne-Droid: "What a martyr, I can't believe this!"
    Ham Salad: "Yeah. See ya later, you martyr!"

Quote Originally Posted by darrock
    Then a few scenes later we see megatron and starsceam on the building saying "that went well.." when really they should have focused more on Prime's death and the autobots/army's reaction. Constant scene/mood shifting ruined this movie for me.
    The Megatron/Starscream scene was important for story-plot advancement. It clarified that the Decepticons' primary mission objective: Sam Witwicky, had failed, and thus they escalated their plans to a greater level including hacking into the Earth's communications networks and issuing their 'warrant' on Sam. The only thing we really missed was the army collecting Prime's corpse, which isn't as essential for plot advancement.

We got to see the Autobots and their human allies briefly mourning for Prime when they delivered Prime's body. A lot more mourning than Jazz ever got! And it was interrupted by Galloway who, as Epps said, is an "a$$hole."

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Finding an Optimus who's never been martyred is rare! As Golden Phoenix mentioned, there's Fire Convoy (RiD Optimus Prime). There are also:
    + Universe Spychanger Optimus Prime
    + Shattered Glass Optimus Prime
    + TransTech Optimus Prime
    They all probably have died or will die and got/get revived. 'Cept for the Shattered Glass one. Shattered Glass Megatron will die and come back to life.
    That Optimus Prime will be found by Primus and turned into a Galvatron like Prime
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix
    Shattered Glass Megatron will die and come back to life.
    Heh, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix
    That Optimus Prime will be found by Primus and turned into a Galvatron like Prime
    Shadow Commander'd!